Which model to include?

(Keenan)

I'm not a ressurectionist player but it seems like the dead rider gets a lot more love than the rogue necromancy in these threads.

Personally I like them both, but the dead rider looks way cooler.

On a side note, when someone summons a rogue necromancy near my models I go into "oh sh###" mode and frantically try to kill it as soon as possible.

I feel like most people go into that mode when a 50mm base model gets in range. I have not yet played with the Rogue Necroamncy but the Dead Rider has definitely gotten that treatment in the couple games I've played with it. The biggest reason I'm asking is so I don't spend time painting something that I'm not going to use for a while.

Thanks for the reply.

The rogue necromancy isn't that fast and is prone to being killed while in the process of engaging. In a Seamus crew you could ideally keep the RN safe and pull models to it and have it earn its points from there.

The rider I haven't really tried yet, I got one assembled and like its theory faux. I think you can keep the rider safe more easily with its speed and regenerative abilities and hard to wound stuff.

I play Nicodem and love summoning a necromancy in and then drawing four cards. I would lean towards the rider for Seamus though. Opinion stated, let me know how it goes.

On a side note, when someone summons a rogue necromancy near my models I go into "oh sh###" mode
Well, Dreamer should be fun when I drop LCB and 3 fresh Teddies in his face :D

I've been on the receiving end of both, and while the Rogue Necromancy probably caused more damage to me overall and also was more awkward to kill (being made a spirit by Kirai), I was more worried by the Dead Rider because it had the mobility to keep up with my Neverborn and harass me.

Personally, I'd say their different models for different purposes. Rogue Necromancy will hold a door until kingdom come, and Dead Rider will happily gallop around all day.

For seamus rider offers more utility than the rogue necromancy. For necromancies are best used via summoning them something seamus can't do. The rider offers a strong survivabilituy and mobility that is hard to match in a seamus crew or any resser crew. For my money its rider he's been an amazing addition to my model pool. The necromancy is a glorified sabertooth cerbrus. Very nice if summoned but typically shot to pieces if just brought with the force.

I know it can certainly come to pass, but wouldn't you be able/better off just using Lure for this 90% of the time?

Mostly, yes. But with pass through and mounted combat you can pluck him out of places lure can't reach. For instance someone who knows what they're doing and blocks los with a semi-circle of melee troops. Also the push into btb means you can shield Seamus from reprisal with the rider's big ass. I'm not saying to use it all the time, but it has it's place and seems viable. Worked for me a few times. Better to take a guaranteed 3 damage and prevent with a ss than die.

On a similar note, DR is tall enough to hook models off of buildings and force a damage roll on top of the regular damage flip with mounted combat. On an initiative steal breaking a companion chain is good for a laugh too.

Edited by Mergoth

I think to be fair I need to add that I have never seen a rogue necromancy live more than 2 full turns after it is summoned. Usually so much effort is put into killing it that there is no chance for it to survive. What it does offer my opponent is 1 or 2 turns knowing what I will be focused on doing. This is probably worth the summoning cost.

Get both. Start with the rider in play, and summon the rogue necromancy during the game.