Enjoying the LaCroix box but....

BusterJ

Like the title states, I'm enjoying the LaCroix but one thing I'm stumped on is going against the Guild Austringer. How do I counter this? I had one pinned down with Pere quickly getting in his face but my opponent often takes two of these against me.

They're not ruining the game for me but I am having a hard time coming up with a good counter.

take a dif crew...

but seriously, that model is a serious scissors to your paper.

but thats why the games balanced at the faction to faction level. If you have another outcast faction and youre playing guild, it may be an idea to take the other non-gremlin outcast.

That aside, I havent dealt with this situation first hand, but taking multiple slop haulers may be an idea. They plink your army, you group heal, and move up as group. I dont know of anything that could stop them from hitting you, but you could weather the storm better with haulers. Alternatively, you could take the pigapult and target their austringers. Fight fire with...pork... bacon those birds!

These guys are often the hardest thing to deal with when it comes to Gremlins. Are they unkillable? Of course not. Six wounds is a piece of cake. With a moderate Dumb Luck, Rami can knock that on the head easily.

First thing you have to remember. With Gremlins, you have the ability to outrange most of the rest of the stuff in his gang. Force him to come to you. Bunker up in a corner and make the Austringers spend turns walking. Use your numbers to your advantage. You can play a war of numbers.

Austringers are best used with Lucius. Thing is, to get the best out of him they'll often be grouped together. This makes them a perfect target for Pere. You can capitalise on this by firing him out of the Pigapult. Even if he dies, thats still four damage leaving them low enough to be finished by a Skeeter.

Infact, Skeeters was how I managed to deal with four of them at the UK GT. Keep using Larvae on your own Skeeters to push them up the board and fart on them. If you have a Gremlin spare, try sticking him in the Pult and landing him next to the Austringers. They are pretty fragile in combat. Even if you have to chuck a low ram to get Dumb Luck and kill yourself to kill him, its a worthwhile trade.

Lastly, just try to minimize their effectiveness. Try taking a pig list where his buffs aren't as good. Or McTavish. Young LaCroix with their Tiny rule go someway to negating the attack flips.

Hope that helps.

All I have available are the LaCroix box and a set of Young 'ns right now. Aside from the pigapult and of course getting some slop haulers what other options are there?

I'm also assuming I can't use the skeeters without Jones and I know Ophelia can't take any of the pigs so...

all you rally need is the Box, Young L, and a blister of Bayou grem to play them. Slaup haulers are good if you want to play 'conservatively' with them. When mctavish comes out you have another good ranged guy.

I ordered the Gremlinette (female pig whisperer) mainly because its an LE, but then realized you get to draw cards for every gremlin killed near her. which is not a bad bad idea in larger games.

AS for the Pigapault, I'd avoid it without Somer, without having the ability to buy pig you have a disadvantage to start with. Plus just the stuff needed to needed to run the pigapault, if the price of a new crew. Look at Zoraida (with or without box) since she can take you gremlins in her crew.