Bolster Undead and Flesh Construct query

Almo

Can anyone please clarify the timings for Bolster Undead and the Flesh Construct's Ceaseless Advance, please? Does the Construct get +2 Cb when it strikes in the closing phase (...start of Closing Phase) or does Bolster end before that (...until the Start Closing Phase)?

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't spot anything after searching.

Cheers.

Bolster Undead ends when all other effects end during closing phase. Yes your construct would be affected just like mindless zombies receive the benefit of it when they act during the closing phase. These actions take place before the end effect step (cant remember exact terminology right now) which is when bolster stops working.

Edited by CrouchingMoose

Are you thinking of The Resolve Effects step? I think that that step is for ending effects that have no specified duration. However, Bolster states that its effect lasts "...until the Start Closing Phase" so would end before that.

I suppose I'd like to know at what point in the Start Closing Phase Bolster Undead officially ends.

Alternatively, is it the case that the "Start of the Closing Phase", as mentioned by Ceaseless Advance, happens before the "Start Closing Phase"? As the Start Closing Phase happens within the Closing Phase itself...I may have confused myself there. Does that make sense?

• 2 months later...
Actually Mindless Zombies are considered friendly when within 12" of Nicodem due to Zombie Control.

Sorry for the Necro (no pun intended) but I'm sure they MZs are only considered friendly at the time of Zombie Control being used, i.e the End of the Activation phase. Not all the time?

But as this is before the End Closing Phase, I guess the Bolster Undead will work on them...

In regards to the bolster undead and ceaseless advance, they end in the same phase at the same time, so you can choose which to resolve first. Clearly, do ceaseless advance first so the bolster is still active. I can't recall where this is stated, or if it's a RM ruling, but I'll try to find it soon.

With mindless zombies, they're only friendly when activated at the end of the turn. This means they never receive the +def, as attacks against them are resolved during the turn when they're not friendly. They would receive the +cb when they are activated with nico, as they are then friendly. Never forget, they aren't friendly to the ressers during the turn, so most effects and spells used by your models won't affect them (fresh meat by Mortimer for example)

Edited by Truthsayer