Malifaux Fanzine?

Absolution Black

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! The malifaux fanzine is an official go by Wyrd. Copyrights and trademarks must be in place. Heres a line from the email just so everyone involved is perfectly clear.

"sounds great as long as copyright and trademark information is adhered too as well as the understanding that full stats and Wyrd publications won't be copied and redistributed within the magazine (you can reference, but can't outright post a characters stat block for instance ..)."

Edit: WOOT just have a few things to finish up with school then ill be ready for some designing

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK well it looks like no one has put forth another name suggestion so I'm going with "Through the Breach"

For the first issue we need to get a theme down. This is easy to do especially with malifaux since the factions are divided up.

Any ideas for that? I was thinking we could start with the guild just to make it simple but it doesnt matter to me.

O and the reason I want to make a theme per issue is because as far as organization goes it makes it much much easier on everyone. Meaning we all know what kind of task we need to do, so we are not all over the place.

Edit: With different locations and time zones for a team like this we need some sort of uniformity.

@ Tarragon youve mentioned this UK GT thing many times and I still dont know what it is lol. Im not from the UK. It sounds like some cool event though.

I like the sound of a top 5 article spot for you! Thats fine by me. As far as other reveiws go (other than your top 5) lets wait just a sec to see what other want to contribute for guild stuff.

Also we need someone to take on the responsibility of EDITOR! VERY IMPORTANT...There are some requirements though. You must be very good at english grammar. Be forwarned this job is TEDIOUS and time consuming. Reading and re-reading articles.

I dont mind doing some but if Im working on design I wont have much time to focus on editing.

Edit: Also what do we want featured on the cover? Who is the staple of the Guild?

@ Tarragon youve mentioned this UK GT thing many times and I still dont know what it is lol. Im not from the UK. It sounds like some cool event though.
Ah, sorry XD It was basically one of the largest tournaments this year, about 60 people attended. Five rounds over two days.

As for the role of editor, I have neither the skiill nor the time nor the patience.

Edited by Tarragon

I like the sound of a top 5 article spot for you! Thats fine by me. As far as other reveiws go (other than your top 5) lets wait just a sec to see what other want to contribute for guild stuff.

Also we need someone to take on the responsibility of EDITOR! VERY IMPORTANT...There are some requirements though. You must be very good at english grammar. Be forwarned this job is TEDIOUS and time consuming. Reading and re-reading articles.

I dont mind doing some but if Im working on design I wont have much time to focus on editing.

Edit: Also what do we want featured on the cover? Who is the staple of the Guild?

Along with a theme per issue, I think some recurring segments could be valuable and help with the organizational issue.

For example, one of the really talented painters might do a segment on painting for every article. This way he knows what he's in for every time and may even do some in advance.

I know I would personally love to do a recurring segment on game theory/design (with an obvious leaning towards examples in Malifaux, etc) as that is something I am very interested in. Also a recurring article on Puppet Wars just so we aren't entirely Malifaux-centric and we can focus on anything Wyrd.

Finally, if nobody else steps forward, I'll take on the editor challenge. God knows I've edited enough Puppet Wars stuff and wiki articles. But if someone else with an actual degree/professional experience comes forward, well, I won't be too disappointed to be displaced.

Edited by Justin

Ah, sorry XD It was basically one of the largest tournaments this year, about 60 people attended. Five rounds over two days.

As for the role of editor, I have neither the skiill nor the time nor the patience.

Actually, I believe the UK GT was the largest Malifaux tournament ever held. And it was recent. I think an article on that would be almost necessary. Plus I'd love to read it.

Along with a theme per issue, I think some recurring segments could be valuable and help with the organizational issue.
I'm working on the Top 5 Guild sculpts right now :D

Actually, I believe the UK GT was the largest Malifaux tournament ever held. And it was recent. I think an article on that would be almost necessary. Plus I'd love to read it.
Got that written up, I'll e-mail it to anyone who wants to read. I could use some constructive criticism :P

Isaac- I can take on the Editor responsibilities.I have a degree in English and have been published some 30 times; Comics, short stories, articles, essays etc.... in multiple Genres including The Bellower, and White Dwarf.

As a matter of putting in my 3 cents an all Guild theme for issue one might be too exclusive. Perhaps we can have that as the cover article and central focus but diversify a bit.

Maybe monthly or quarterly features/articles. Which begs the next question; What is the publishing frequency?

I would also recommend asking the form admins if we can have a secure area just for the 'zin staff so we're not discussing the entire content in public...

Eric J