Inferno

Asphyxxious

Question

There was a little confusion in Sonnias spell inferno earlier. When it says models within 3" pulse suffer 3 DG at the start of the closing phase is that implying that the pulse is done right then and no matter where the models are later in the turn they take the 3 DG? Or is it supposed to be that the models have to be within the 3" pulse at the end closing phase?

12 answers to this question

Yeah it is. I was just a bit thrown off because I had always read it as you said and I was trying my Colette crew for the first time. I had Cassandra close to Sonnia planning on switching her back into safety. He cast inferno and I didn't really think much of it because she wouldn't be there later anyway. At the end of the turn when I was like 12" or so away he said the pulse affected the models then but the damage happened later. Didn't make too much sense to me but I didn't really mind seeing as how I just wanted to see how the crew ran and figured I would just check it later. Every game is a learning experience.

Wait, so it's only models who were within three inches of Sonnia when the spell is actually cast, not models within 3 inches at the start of the closing phase? Our Sonnia player uses the spell as a sort of deterrent bomb, casting it to make anyone think twice about moving anyone into combat that turn.

Edit: Haha, I've reread this thread 3 times and I'm still confused, maybe it's too early in the morning. Let me put forward a few scenarios so I can clearly understand this. Which one of the following will see Cassandra hit by Inferno

A) Sonnia casts inferno, Cassandra is 6 inches away at the time of casting. Cassandra activates ends the turn within 3 inches of Sonnia.

B) Sonnia casts inferno, Cassandra is in melee with Sonnia at the time of casting. Cassandra activates, disengages and finishes her turn 6 inches away.

Edited by Toonook
confusion