another Laz questiom

outlaw

so the "ashes and dust" has a talent called

"desolate core" (when this model is killed, place a ashen core in base contact, and one dust storm in base contact with a friendly or neutral table edge. "this model" produces no counters of any kind.)

and Laz can assimilate any friendly constructs talents. but the "ashes and dust" is unique. and copying this ability doesn't actually make a "ashes and dust", but makes the other two models that are also unique. could laz assimilate the talent, and if none of this works where does it break down? and if he assimilates it and dies what is the effect?

I also thought about this gimmick but dismissed it with the following logic: Laz assimilates the ability. If he dies you place the ashen core and dust storm. However both of those are also unique. If your ashes and dust dies you will not get another desolate core or dust storm because you already have two on the table. Therefor all this will accomplish is a slightly better board position of the core and storm when A&D eventually does die because the two placed from Laz would have been moving around the table. Overall I think there are much better abilities to assimilate.

well that settles that. and in that case which set of ashes and dust is removed? the second set to hit the table right?

I believe the basic rule is that if something doesn't fit on the table, or cannot be placed for other reasons (Rare limit already reached or it's a Unique model and its already in play), then the ability bringing the model into play fails.

In other words the newer one doesn't get placed.