Special Terrain Pieces? What are you using?

Stanislav

Title says it. I really am a terrain guy, as in I love to have themed terrain, especially for special things in game.

I do like Advanced Deployment's token offerings for objectives and such...but for some pieces I am looking for more.

What about books, a wagon, a vein, etc... Please share with me your ideas and doings.

I guess the idea is for relatively cheap and little skill involved (no all out sculpting, etc.)

Thanks guys. Need some Mercenary thinking...

I actually have been using cheap wooden birdhouses from Michael's craft store for anything that may resemble a building, like the creepy structure.

You can also look at their off season holiday items for good cheap finds. Cemetery stuff like tombs or headstones from Halloween. Trees with snow will be cheap come Dec 26th.

Usually a little paint or some balsa wood planking will get them game ready quickly.

For 30mm counters I ordered some cheap plastic discs from glasseyesonline.com. Just put some bits on them that may look like treasure, scrap, or bloody pools.

I have not made books yet, but my master plan was just a little plastic card sandwiches painted to look bookish.

Hope that helps.

Pretty much what Vin said. Really, scrounging for interesting bits of junk and garbage is the way to go--straws for pipes, balsa wood, mesh screens, the works. Gimme a box of junk and I'll make you a masterpiece (well, sorta).

Cheap children's toys can sometimes net you some neat stuff though. Look at the dollar store nearest you, or the discount aisle of whatever big store that carries toys nearby.