McTavish and Ophelia

Da Big Baws

Really I would say he's not useful for her, and I think her restrictions prevent him from being hired by her (though I don't know which of their rules superceds the other). His main synergy with gremlins appears to be that he can obey beasts, so he would be useful in a pig list lead by somer. Other than that he doesn't bring much to the table. He's ok in melee (something that gremlins need, but its nothing to write home about) but his ranged weapon is incredibly sub par by lacroix standards.

So in sum, I don't think he can go with ophelia, but he appears to be an average melee hitter for standard gremlins lists, with some minimal synergy with pigs...in other words, I don't think he would be worth it with ophelia.

He has two synergies with Pigs. The first being that he counts as a Pig for Stampede (handy) and his Wraggle Critter can make pigs and vermin attack more like an Obey. Only problem being he needs a mask in order to do it. The interactions are there but I can see them being that handy/ Making a Piglet hit again won't be that useful seeing as they hit about as hard as a paper bag. Plus there aren't that may viable targets for it. Now if he could wrangle Gremlins ...

Now his real value comes from that lovely gun of his. He is basically a slightly less powerful Rami. If you could take two Ramis, you would right? Theres a readon why having auto Critical Strike is good. I'd say hes more useful in this role, which he could do in either a Somer or Ophelia crew.

She can hire him. I asked on the Henchmen boards.

With McTavish, come for the soso control abilities. Stay for the gun.

Yeah I forgot about the fact that his crit is built in, but using rams to do 3/4/6 or whatever is less valuable Imo than doing 4/6/8 with a lacroix, yeah you take damage, but that's what slop haulers are for haha.

Just a thought...but yeah, I'm less than convinced of his value...especially for the cost. I would say you could use him to tie stuff up in melee but then you can't abuse Aim High.

See, I don't see the Wraggle Critter being that handy. At best, you could get another Pull My Finger out of a Skeeter. And then you'll have to catch up with it. Your other targets are Rats, Warpig or some flavour of Piglet.

I would be content taking him just for the extra firepower. Because the gunline needs more anyway.

PS. Loving the Gremlin tactics debate in this thread! Its been a while since a good while since a good arguement! =)

Thats because you prefer the Ophelia Gremlin Gunline to the Some'r Pig Boomerang that I love. For me having another Large Based model blocking LOS for Stampeding Pigs is a great thing with the Boomerang as well as being able to position your pigs for the perfect charge. I also think he will be good for setting up Dud? Assasinations for the Taxidermists.