A few Neverborn questions

Da Big Baws

Trying to get a feel for the faction...

1. At the 25SS and 35SS range, on average, how many Terror Tots do you grow? How many Young Nephilim do you Mature? Do you need two Mature Nephilim models or is it remotely rare? (all of these are based on non-grow cheesy list, just regular Nephilim use by Lilith or others)

2. I've heard Nekima and Alp have gotten errata not long ago. What does it amount to and are they still worth their cost?

3. What models are used by most masters? Trying to see if it's possible to do a list that can (with little to no change) be ran by more than one Master. Ideas for said list (25SS) would be lovely. :)

4. Which Neverborn Master's box is the best to start into the faction?

I'll add more questions later on if needed.

Edited by Da Big Baws

Of the Neverborn I only play Lilith. The masters are fundamentally different and they share only some of the models - Lilith cans share some with Zoraida and perhaps Pandora, Zoraida shares with Lilith and The Dreamer mostly and Pandora is more or less on her own, though there are Book 2 models she likes a lot (Siblings, Insidious Master) and shares with other masters. Zoraida likes to dip out of faction, to pick up some low-Wp models. Book 2 models are somewhat more "universal", but they still specialize quite a bit.

Nekima is still good, but now just for one purpose - growing and maturing Nephilim. If you bring Nekima and 2 Desperate Mercenaries and 2 Terror Tots, you can practically guarantee you'll get 2 Mature Nephilim by the end of turn 2. Whether it's worth the price or not remains to be seen.

Last weekend I played a crew with just one Terror Tot (35SS), intent on growing him to Mature Nephilim. The Mature was well worth it and got an objective accomplished along several kills, but Nekima did nothing except for growth support - she killed a Mechanical Dove and got herself Paralyzed and Poisoned heavily by turn 4. For growing just a single Tot she wasn't worth it, IMO.

As to how many models you'll need... if you intend to field Insidious Madness, Lelu & Lilitu and perhaps the Shaman or Tuco, you won't have points to take too many of them. 3 Tots, 2 Young and 1~2 Matures will be, most probably, all you need.

If you plan to go Tot Heavy and actually use Nekima for all the buffs she can give Tots (huge speed up) and Young (auto-flay means they can hit harder than matures), then you can easily field 6 Tots and 5~6 Young in a single game. I haven't tried such a list yet, but I think it will be reasonably strong - you can get 5 Young out of 2 Desperate Mercenaries and 1 Blood Offering in turn 1. You'd probably want to bring 2 Matures for such a crew as well.

I still kinda new to the game but love playing Lilith. I started with the box set then quickly got the Cherub and 2 young Nephilim. Generally I play slightly bigger games (30ss) with 1 Mature, 1 Young and 3 tots and cherub.

This has worked ok for now, I find tots great for getting schemes but hard to grow you need to have 9:masks or more in your hand. I still have a young Nephilim ready on the side. I also enjoy using tots in packs.

I find if I start with a mature and young I can use the young but keep it out of trouble until the mature dies (after killing lots but his low defence sees him always go down) then grow the young to have a mature again. This is mainly out of not having a second Mature model a yet. What I'm saying really is I find its good to have a young to start with rather than all tots as they can be hard to grow but Young Nephilim is usually good to go.

:lilith :viktoria1

Without Nekima or the blood shaman, my understanding is growing is difficult. It requires your opponent to be using living models i think, which is why people always take the two desperate mercs with Nekima. Blood Shaman can help with the counters as well, i think.

As far as models to go with other masters, I belive Lilith and her Nephilim go well with Zoraida in a grow list.

Most of the things ive seen Zoraida take go with her and her alone. (not every model just most of them) Or her Dolls with Collodi

Collodi works only with the dolls, and the only ones commonly used outside of his crew would be the stitched together.

Pandora, i have not seen used, but i have read she likes the "twins" Lelu and Lilitu, the Stitched together, Insidious Madness. Not 100% on twins for her as there are not lots of WP duels they cause but they work together well.

Dreamer Likes the same list as pandora in various situations, but for other reasons usually:)

This is not the only models that mix together well, but the only ones i have seen/read being swapped around frequently between masters. Hope its of some use to you:)

Which ever master you take the Twins are always good value. Other than that it comes down to play style.

Lilith is my favourite master in the game, super quick, hits hard and is hard to hit herself. I never take 'vanilla' nephilim anymore so I never grow anything. At 25ss I'd take something like:

Lilith

Lelu

Lelitu

3rd Twin (depending on stategy)

Primordial Magic.

6ss

I would never take Nekima. Even before her fix I thought she was awful. She's far too easy to kill for 13ss.

Edited by CunningStunt

Pandora, once you get to grips with her, is amazing. Lilith is great fun as she hits hard and her minions are great, while Z is my current fav because she is just so different to everyone else.

Nekima is still good, but an investment. I prefer a single BBS.

Twins are very good, but I find slightly repetative and boring to play with, but that is just me.

I love tot heavy lists (depending on faction) and actually want to try von schill with Lilith. While expensive he should compliment her nicely- high move matches, boosts wp in some situations (morale duels) and has a simply ridiculous gun, with the added bonus of being great against undead!

I like the look af tuco, but his CB is lower than a tots, so for me hes currently a no-go (may be useful in some situations andlove his fluff)