Misaki's Foresight and Resist Duels

Kadeton

Question

I had a search of the various forums but couldn't find anything on this, so apologies if I've missed it somewhere.

Misaki's Foresight ability states: "In any Duel, when the value of this model's starting total Fate Card is the same or 1 lower than the opponent's, choose either this model or the opponent to discard their Fate Card and re-flip."

The way this works in opposed duels such as when attacking or defending seems clear enough, but is Misaki able to do anything when resisting a spell?

It seems to me that the spell's Casting duel is already finalised, and the Resist duel's starting Fate Card therefore has no opposing Fate Card to compare to, but I would appreciate some clarity on the subject.

If Misaki can use Foresight in a Resist duel, can someone explain how it works?

If not, what duels can she actually affect with this ability other than attacking with or defending against strikes? The phrasing "any Duel" seems to suggest a broader application.

Many thanks for any clarification.

2 answers to this question

I had a search of the various forums but couldn't find anything on this, so apologies if I've missed it somewhere.

Misaki's Foresight ability states: "In any Duel, when the value of this model's starting total Fate Card is the same or 1 lower than the opponent's, choose either this model or the opponent to discard their Fate Card and re-flip."

The way this works in opposed duels such as when attacking or defending seems clear enough, but is Misaki able to do anything when resisting a spell?

It seems to me that the spell's Casting duel is already finalised, and the Resist duel's starting Fate Card therefore has no opposing Fate Card to compare to, but I would appreciate some clarity on the subject.

If Misaki can use Foresight in a Resist duel, can someone explain how it works?

If not, what duels can she actually affect with this ability other than attacking with or defending against strikes? The phrasing "any Duel" seems to suggest a broader application.

Many thanks for any clarification.

Resist duels won't work. But for things like Pandora's Expose Fears, you could cause a re-flip, the Stiched Together's Gambler or Gamble You Life things like this that are not strikes.