unkillable punk zombies ?

greg1394

Question

Hello!

I am just starting in malifaux after playing 40k for about 16 years and I came up against this..

I have a punk zombie in combat with lilith who hits him...he dies..he uses " slow to die " to do a healing flip...he now has 2 wounds...lilith hits and kills him again...i heal again...lilith hits him again and kills him again i do a healing flip and he is ok.

Is this right ? It would mean that the only way to kill a model with slow to die would be if they drew a black joker on the healing flip, so your odds of killing one are about 1 to 53 !

Abitilies are " always on" and you heal flip when you die.

This seems wrong ! Am I missing something ?

Thanks !

4 answers to this question

Punk zombies do not have the use soulstone ability to my knowledge so can not do the healing flip in the first place. That aside you are correct, Collette for example can use a soulstone for a healing flip as her slow to die action. This makes her exceedingly difficult to kill while she still has soulstones. The remedy? Paralyze her first.

Yea that's the part you missed - only a Master or Henchman can do Healing flips, because they have to burn a Soulstone to take the (1) Heal action.

Regular minions don't have the Use Soulstone ability, with a couple of exceptions, mainly in the Showgirls crew.

Some Masters (Colette, Von Schill and Lucius) have Slow to Die, and as you have realised, this ability combined with Use Soulstone makes them almost impossible to kill.

Mike