New with a couple of questions

Mr. Puppets

I stumbled into Puppet Wars and think it's a great concept. Really like the demented toy wars idea. I've shown it to my gf who doesn't play war games and she want's to give it a try and thinks there "cute". now for the questions....

1. Is the staff involved on the forums on a regular basis?

2. I saw in another post that there planning on making the LE's available as standard. My favorite mini in the range is the hooded rider so am really hoping this is true. Her Fav's are the teddy. Can somebody from the staff please confirm this? And if so maybe give an ETA?

3. Is this game fairly easy to pick up for someone with no gaming experience? I don't want to spend the $ on it and have my gf get frustrated and not want to play.

4. Are there any plans of making single minis available or maybe blisters of 2 or so? Would be nice for getting multiples of the ones I would want without having to buy another booster.

Think that's it for now, sure I'll have more latter.

1. I am not staff but yes the guys that developed it are on here on a regular basis

2. Hooded Rider, Pokey Vikky and Lucius are all prereleases of a future wave. teddy is a rare random

3. The Pattern book has quickstart rules which are great for going through the cocepts slowly adding all the details as you go through a few games, great place to start for new players. It takes a couple of games but once you have those under your belt you are all good

4. As far as I am aware no single releases in the pipeline, trade with others for multiples etc

Thanks for the help Osoi :)

All sounds good except #4. Would anyone else like to see them available separate? Might be a good marketing strategy for them to sell separate mini's in there store only. Sure there would be a lot of players who would put orders just with them if they did so. Am I the only one who thinks this is a good idea? Failing that where online would be the best place to get them individuality?

I believe the big boss Nathan has given a definitive answer of no to the singles sales. You can here it straight from the horses mouth here http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22998

But a small secondary market is around if you check the wyrd trading forums. I know i have a few i don't need. But if your looking for any of the things like sorrows, masters, or really anything in the Tombs or Masks suits you will probably be out of luck.

Lady J and Seamus are only availble in the boxed game, with the other masters only available in the multiplayer expansion.

Sorrows are only available in one of the boosters so most people will only have one and they work nicely with Pandora. Tomes have some really cool puppets too

1. Is the staff involved on the forums on a regular basis?

Yes, some of the "key players" are Lalo and Karn (they are very attentive to this particular sub-forum, though might be a bit preoccupied by something...)

2. I saw in another post that there planning on making the LE's available as standard. My favorite mini in the range is the hooded rider so am really hoping this is true. Her Fav's are the teddy. Can somebody from the staff please confirm this? And if so maybe give an ETA?

Can only comment on what I heard while working GenCon (not official but heard from as official a source as possible at Wyrd), the LE's are supposed to be released to the General Populace at some point (additionally their was talk of a Teddy Pawn Booster at some point, this one has me crossing my fingers as I'll commit to 3 of them right now, :hello: Wyrd Staffers)

3. Is this game fairly easy to pick up for someone with no gaming experience? I don't want to spend the $ on it and have my gf get frustrated and not want to play.

It is a very easy game to learn, additionally it can provide a good primer to Malifaux (though the games are different they share enough similarities to teach the other system, plus the models can be used as proxies).

4. Are there any plans of making single minis available or maybe blisters of 2 or so? Would be nice for getting multiples of the ones I would want without having to buy another booster.

Definately not, Wyrd has stated this many times. Probably has more to do with stockists not want another 40 plus SKU's to keep track of.

Just read the whole discussion (ty for the link) And hope in the future they release smaller packs or blisters. We're planning on buying PW as a X-mas present for ourselves so more than likely will pick up one box of everything. Hope a box with the hooded rider is out by then! I still really don't want to have to buy whole box sets just to get extras of minis we really like. Is the game doable with just 1 of everything? I don't really have any experience with online trading sites and am a little leery about trading with somebody I really don't know.

Going to look for the Wyrd trading forum to get an idea of how it works now....

For 4 player games I prefer to use custom layouts utilizing the Terraclips Buildings of Malifaux set (so much more fun this way, though I recommend a house rule that puppets moving up and down stairs have to use both a move and an action to go one step, what with those little puppet legs and all).

Ty, guys, you've been more that helpful! Looks like I know what we're getting ourselves for X-mas :D

Trust me you wont regret a Puppet Wars Christmas purchase. If the budget allows however I do recommend the full purchase, it keeps the game from getting stale and will allow a full 4 player game with some additional Puppets to swap in and out (The multiplayer Pack really needs to be purchased with at least 2 Pawn Packs to provide enough minis for 4 players).

I played for 24 hours at GenCon (providing demos with Lalo and Karn) and have played at least 2 games a week at home and still absolutely love the game. Now to paint the little buggers!

That's the plan. Warstore has them at a great price which I hope stays that way til x-mas. Hoping there's another release with the hooded rider before then. I reeeelly want him! Only downer is that if I want more than 1 of a certain mini I'll have to find some way to trade or buy one. Hope that the trading forums for PW picks up!