shared treasure - evidence

merces

to not steel Da Big Bow's thread about 'seamus crew questions' i opened a new thread

it is to go further with this

I usually drop Sybelle but for one exception. If you're playing Treasure Hunt or Shared Destroy Evidence. In those circumstances it's essential to get to the center of the board in your first activation of the first turn, and Companion + Call Belle is the only way I think Ressurectionists can do that. Although I'd love to know if someone else knows another way.

Mike

what are our options ?

1. sybelle runs and then 'call belle'.

i don't know here where the belle should stop, does it automatically stops if it coms withing 3" of sybelle or can you choose where the push stops and so go stand b2b with the marker ?

2. now i do it with a necropunk, combo of sybelle and belles to move and lure the necropunk, and as second activation a leap with a necropunk.

3. i believe luring seamus himself close enough to get to the marker should work to.

i have to try some of those on a board to actually see if we can pick the treasure up in turn 1.

love to hear more options, thoughts.

grtz

merces

Hi Merces,

1. You can push the Belle to anywhere within 3", so that gives you 8"walk + 3"push + 1"Belle's base = 12" before the Belle then activates. That should get you on top of the counter.

2. The problem here is you have to wait for the enemy to have an activation, and so they'll likely also be in the center with you by the time the Necropunk gets to act. That's enough to stop either crew destroying evidence (in melee) but it's not ideal when some other factions have several options for getting to the center with an unactivated model on the very first activation.

3. I don't think Seamus can get there even with Fast. And again it would have to be your second activation of the turn if you wanted to Lure him first. You could run up 12" and stand next to the counter, but suddenly your master is looking very vulnerable and exposed.

Looking forward to brainstorming this one!

Mike

Treasure hunt

Individual

Required model(s)

Seamus, Sybelle, 2 Rotten Belles

Required card(s)

9mask for (0) Call Belle. Lures shouldn’t be an issue.

Description

First activation:

Companion Sybelle and 2 Rotten Belles.

Sybelle walks up to treasure (2 wk6), casts Call Belle on Belle1. Belle 2 activates, moves forward and Lures Seamus 4”. Belle1 activates, 2xLures Seamus 8” to stand next to treasure.

Second Activation:

Seamus Activates, (1) picks up treasure, moves back 8”.

Shared

Required model(s)

Seamus, Sybelle, 2 Rotten Belles

Required card(s)

9mask for (0) Call Belle. Lures shouldn’t be an issue.

Description

First activation:

Companion Sybelle and 2 Rotten Belles.

Sybelle walks up to treasure (2 wk6), casts Call Belle on Belle1. Belle 2 activates, moves forward and Lures Seamus 4”. Belle1 activates, 2xLures Seamus 8” to stand next to treasure.

Second Activation:

Seamus Activates, (2) picks up treasure, moves back 4”.

These are two ways of dealing with individual and shared treasure hunt respectively that I could think of using.

It bears pointing out, that without a 9+ masks in your initial hand (only happens around 50% of the time by my rough calculations) then the Sybelle slingshot will fail and your opponent gets there first.

Anything which takes 2 activations to implement, such as the Seamus plans above, risks having the objective stolen from underneath your nose by a faster enemy crew.

One of my games at the weekend was Seamus vs Zoraida+Collodi shared destroy evidence. On the first activation, Collodi had destroyed 2 evidence markers, despite starting 18" away, them being over 8" apart and both needing a (2) Interact to destroy. And this was automatic, no flips needed.

I'm not saying Rezzers need something equally broken, but being able to compete against that would be nice.

Mike

Well, if you really need someone to pick it up, the called belle can pick it up, or pick it up and walk 4" depending on strategy, but it's really not optimal.

First activation tricks are always nice, but I've yet to figure out something more optimal, really, yet. I've heard rumours of Kirai doing her stuff, but..I don't like dem oriental spirits :(

And yeah, movement shenanigans, barring kirai, aint really ressers strong side, at least not in few activations. Sure,they can boost up models, or do some Night terror flocking tricks, but everything requires a lot of models investing a lot of activations.

Edited by Soundwave