Erratta and FAQ??

Dungeon8976

Question

First off let me say that I absolutly love the Malifaux Game. However, there is one issue that is plaguing me. The game support from Wierd does leave something to be desired. Several times I've been playing and I'll be told, "that's how this works I saw it on the forums", and I'm left with little recourse. With nothing to look at and confirm certain rules questions and deputes it leaves big gapping hole in gameplay fluidity. In addittion to that, resolving rules questions completely via the forums is very tideous. There are eleven pages of resolved rules questions to go through when looking for an answer.

Could I please be so bold as to emplore you; please, please, please, consider releasing an official errata and FAQ.

Thank you for your time.

9 answers to this question

The community Wiki is here to help

http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Errata+and+Clarifications

Its not official but almost every entry on that page sites a specific forum post

We are also working on expanding this page as well

http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Ability+Guide

There is also this, which is official

http://malifaux.com/Fixes.php

I would also like to see official FAQs, Errata, and Clarifications that are up-to-date. For some reason (I'm assuming because it takes a lot of time to organize and update) the Rules Marshals seem to have stopped updating the Official Malifaux FAQ and Official Malifaux Errata and the Model Clarification page will include some things, but leave out other things such as the ruling only friendly Coryphée models may Dance Together resolved here despite the rules not specifying the Coryphée model must be friendly. However, other corrections not on the current stat cards are listed on the Model Clarification page.

Oddly enough, most people who I've talked to don't see a problem with sacrificing an enemy Coryphée model using Dance Together.

I'm honestly guessing that malifaux is expanding so quickly that the people who could put together an official errata and FAQ are just really too busy to do so. The fan wiki is a valid source for information, and maybe we could ask a moderator to create a thread that a forumite could maintain linking to relevant rulings.

I think that's the same reason it takes forever to hear back on some of the bigger rulings, they honestly just have other stuff to do. This is the golden quarter for retail, a bunch of stores are bumping stock, putting increased demand on the supply process, plus you have more direct sales, and more sales means more errors to deal with (missing parts, bad sculpts, etc) which drains the wyrd staffers time.

I've come to accept this as just how its going to be.

I'm honestly guessing that malifaux is expanding so quickly that the people who could put together an official errata and FAQ are just really too busy to do so. The fan wiki is a valid source for information, and maybe we could ask a moderator to create a thread that a forumite could maintain linking to relevant rulings.

I think that's the same reason it takes forever to hear back on some of the bigger rulings, they honestly just have other stuff to do. This is the golden quarter for retail, a bunch of stores are bumping stock, putting increased demand on the supply process, plus you have more direct sales, and more sales means more errors to deal with (missing parts, bad sculpts, etc) which drains the wyrd staffers time.

I've come to accept this as just how its going to be.

Privateer Press puts out a PDF Errata document very fast, like once a month or two. Something like that would be very helpful.

Regulars on the forum know my opinion, Malifaux is a great game with tons of character & intriguing mechanics with interactions. But those same mechanics and interactions cause lots of discrepancies in the rules which player want a simple way to look up. Admitedly back tracking compiling the history of ruling in the last year is a large job, but an official place for a living FAQ is needed. As new rulings and questions are made the wranglers should add them. If implimented it will be sparce at first, but it would not take long to populate if a proper process is set up where the marshals format each of their ruling in a format where a sheriff just needs to approve\push to the FAQ. This way the work gets distributed and there is still a single gatekeeper\sheriff for the rules. I'm sure there are lots henchmen out there who would gladly assist in populating the FAQ. If it was to help bring and official FAQ, I would help list the existing rulings/questions I'm aware about (excluding my spec forces ones.).

FYI: As a normal advocate for a FAQ I do acknowledge the page in the malifaux.com site is a significant step forward. Allowing people to look up thier models and see the appropriate information. As regular on the forums I read most of the rulings and I found a couple things there I didn't know about. My only complaint is that its practically hidden.

I'm sure there are lots henchmen out there who would gladly assist in populating the FAQ. If it was to help bring and official FAQ, I would help list the existing rulings/questions I'm aware about (excluding my spec forces ones.).

Well then go to pull my finger and help fill out this page. All the cool kids are doing it :)

Instead of waiting for the already very overtaxed Wyrd guys to do it for you we can all take the initiative as a community and get it done ourselves

Well then go to pull my finger and help fill out this page. All the cool kids are doing it :)

Instead of waiting for the already very overtaxed Wyrd guys to do it for you we can all take the initiative as a community and get it done ourselves

Is this now the now official place for ruling? or something player driven.