A Hello from Bristol

AndiNeedham

Hi All,

Just thought i'd post a quick hello on here (was directed here by demonkin and chucklemonkey)

I've not yet played a game or tbh read the rulebook but after reading a review and seeing the awesome mini's i just had to give it a shot, so i've order my first set (Ortega Gunslingers) and am looking for anyone that wants a game (after the mini's are delivered of course)

Cheers,

Andi

Just to make you think it's all just an elaborate ploy and it's only me sitting in the corner playing toy soldiers I'll be first to say hello.

As for local players, they will no doubt be along soon. Keep your eyes out for Angor who is a Henchman in the bristol area IIRC and will be able to point you in the right direction. There is also a find an opponent thread stickied in the main Malifaux matters section that would be worth a look.

Hello there friend

If you are looking for a game in Bristol then I would happily give you one. There is a gaming store just five minutes from the city centre called 'Cut & Thrust' where there is a growing Malifaux community which is an ideal place to get you into them game and meet some friendly new faces.

Hope to hear from you soon

Tom

Hello there friend

If you are looking for a game in Bristol then I would happily give you one. There is a gaming store just five minutes from the city centre called 'Cut & Thrust' where there is a growing Malifaux community which is an ideal place to get you into them game and meet some friendly new faces.

Hope to hear from you soon

Tom

Same here mate, happy to give you a game. Gives me an excuse to break my models out again :D

Yeah i've seen cut & thrust (i work about 10mins walk away in st thomas street), will i need anything else to play apart from what i've orderd so far?

A fate deck (although a standard deck of cards would do in a pinch), a measuring tape and the rules manual. If you don't have the manual there are some quick start rules free to download on the left hand side of the main forum page which should get you through your first games.

Welcome to our Wyrd little community. Cut and Thrust will get you settled into the game nicely, lovely store, great people and some fantastic terrain (dreamer board is amazing), but if you ever find yourself the other side of the breach (severn) or were over there we have a growing malifaux community at Firestorm Games in Cardiff the two Henchmen (myself and Dumb Luck) will be more than happy to give you a game should the opportunity arise.

Yeah i've seen cut & thrust (i work about 10mins walk away in st thomas street), will i need anything else to play apart from what i've orderd so far?

As mentioned a fate deck, measuring tape and counters but if you are coming for a first game most people tend to have 2 sets incase of an opponent not having anything handy.

Well i had to stop by the post office this morning on the way to work to pick up a parcel.

Along with my WarMachine 2 Player Battle box and the Yu Jing Starter box was the Perdita boxed set woot!

so i think i'm ready for my first game almost...

And a Warmachine player as well. You sir a good man. Key question though, which faction are you playing as?

for which game?

For Warmachine i'm planning on Khador (i like the models in the box)

For Malifaux i've picked guild and for Infinity i want to use Yu Jing.

I haven't played any of these games yet so once i've got some experience under my belt that may change but i thought it was about time i tried something other than 40k.

for which game?

For Warmachine i'm planning on Khador (i like the models in the box)

For Malifaux i've picked guild and for Infinity i want to use Yu Jing.

I haven't played any of these games yet so once i've got some experience under my belt that may change but i thought it was about time i tried something other than 40k.

I meant for Warmachine and good answer :D

There are a lot of Warmachine players in Cut and Thrust as well so getting pick up games should not be an issue either.