Viki + Hamelin the rat catcher List

CannonFodder

Picked up Halemin because I had some tournament prize money, and have been thinking of ways to maximize his potential.

• Vikis + 4 SS
  • Hamelins
  • 4x Desp Mercs
  • Rami Lacroix (threw Hamelins ability)
  • Taelor

I figure Rami Lacroix is a good choice to take with Hamelin because they both can maximize the extreme range, don't need too much movement, so keeping in 10 inches of each other will be easy.

Setup: Keep Vikis & Taelor over 18 inches away Hamelins

Turn 1: use Hamelins spell to do 1 dmg to all living models in 18 inches, this will give the desp mercs their built in boost for being wounded. unfortunately you can't avoid the 1 dmg to Rami because he needs to be in 10 inches.

Later on in game I find desp mercs on their Suicide turn to be amazing obey targets, people hate wasting action killing the when they know they will die anyway.

Taelor is in there as a solid beatstick, which can also help set up enemy models with her beat back ability to get people closer to a table edge so they can be finished off by Hamelin. Also she may get healed by the desp mercs when she is at 1 wds with hard to kill. I was contemplating 2 Ronin but 2 SS is a little low for my tastes, and I always feel its a waste to replace a Ronin with a viki the cost is too high.

Basically you want to be aggressive with Desp Mercs, and possible keeping 1 alive after turn 3 because people usually expect them to be sacrificed, comes in handy to have one well placed on turn 4 when they are not expecting it. Put Hameling and Rami in a spot where they can oversee key area and and as support while Viki and Taelor to what they do. WHne they get in trouble Hamelin can always use the push ability on your models to move them 4 inches towards a table edge pulling them out of combat if needed, the Rami can take 3 shots at long range.

I was hoping that the Vikis would let me obey one and get both but forgot obey can't target masters. Alos the healing flip from desp merc don't transfer because only spells transfer.

Another option is replace Rami with Pere Ravage but its a little too self destructive for my taste especially with so many desk mercs. I was hoping to fit Librarian because Hamelins spells some time need high cards, or the healing on Taelor on Hard to kill Or 2 for 1 vikis. But I still have no seen a ruling on Hamelins ability and bringing in 2 models with different Spec forces. For now I'm assuming his ability does not bypass the spec force rules.