Intractable and Board Edge

bropps85

Question

O.k. I have a couple quick questions,

1) Can a model voluntarily walk off the board edge? I am assuming not because there is nothing saying they can but I wasn't able to find anything on it in the rule book.

2) What happens when a Death Marshal is falling back and hits a board edge? The rule book says that a model falling back stops and is sacrificed when it hits the board edge but the Death Marshal has intractable which says they may not be sacrificed.

3) What happens if a Death Marshal is sacrificed (if they somehow can be) to someone that is Pine Boxed.

Basically I am wondering if you could pine box something and then voluntarily walk off the board, and if not can you pine box something and then fail a terror check and walk off the board?

I appreciate the help in advance.

10 answers to this question

I've looked through the book a lot for this, and it's just not there.

The edge of the table isn't impassable. The problem with impassable terrain is that it isn't actually impassable as spirits can pass it, so to speak.

The edge of the table is where the rules for the game stop. So if a model goes off the table, it is no longer playing the game, and since that makes no sense... you can't go off the table in the middle of a game. That's the way I play it :-P

Make note that all the rules that do mention the board edge (Hamelin and Falling Back) don't take a model off the board. They die on the edge of the board. Because off the board is non-existence! Spooky.

Haha I figured it was something like that I just wanted to make sure. So the common beliefs seem to be:

1) You can't walk off the edge because there is nothing out there

2) Death Marshals CANNOT ever be sacrificed and so once they hit the board they stay there until they pass their rally test

3) Immaterial because Death Marshals cannot be sacrificed

Haha I figured it was something like that I just wanted to make sure. So the common beliefs seem to be:

1) You can't walk off the edge because there is nothing out there

2) Death Marshals CANNOT ever be sacrificed and so once they hit the board they stay there until they pass their rally test

3) Immaterial because Death Marshals cannot be sacrificed

I would concur.