Puppet-Faux

Ratty

So if you played Malifaux with the current Puppet Line, with a few changes, how balanced do you think it would be.

Changes I would make are,

• All models are on 25mm bases but drop the same number of Corpse/Scrap as they normally would be.
  • Masters can attach any totems from their faction, so the cute puppy doesn't have to remain in the box.
  • All Pawns now count as Rare 3, and you can attach 3 totems to a Master.

Of the 5 Masters

Viki is technically unplayable(you don't have shooty viki), but with that exception you still have a lack of a lot or Merc Puppets(Ronin and Convict Gunslinger are the only I can think of).

Lady Justice has a lot of good Guild models to work with. I think she might be the top master in this case

Seamus is a close 2nd. He has a good deal of Res models and can pull of several fun combos

Pandora is missing way to many woes and Marcus beasts.

Honestly could be a fun thing to watch

yeah you will need to Proxy a Shooty Vik.. however... 3 Ronin, 3 Convict Gunslingers and Misaki are not an awful start

Marcus is lacking a big beast but he still can take 3 silurid which is not a bad core. But Joss as your big hitter is a touch lacking.

I don't see the problem with Pandora. she has Kade and 3 sorrows. Mature Nephilim is not a bad beat stick. She ran well under book 1 and she didn't have much more than that to work with. Cherub is not a brilliant totem for her, but as she has a totem she gains some tricks.

Seamus is fairly solid. 3 Belles, Bete Noire and a couple of Punk Zombies not a bad start.

Lady J is sorted... Nino, Judge are two of the best Uniques for her, Austringers, Death Marshals, Executioner.. it's a fairly standard book 1 list.

Edited by Ratty

Pandora, Baby Kade, 3 Sorrows, Teddy, seems like plenty.

Marcus has 3 Silurids, Rattler, Moleman, Guild Hounds and could still take things like December Acolyte.

Justice, as said, is sorted, Seamus too.

But why do you need make any real changes, can't you just play Malifaux as it is, even if you do change the base sizes (which I'm not sure if that works since every model will have the same base now).