Hanged! I give up!!

Bigkid

Pg.9 Rules Manual: "Construct: Models with the Construct Characteristic are non-living and are immune to Morale Duals (p.56).

Pg.56 Rules Manual: "Remember: Even though a Morale Dual usuall uses the Wp stat, Wp duals are not always Morale Duels. For Example, many Spells and Weapons target Wp without being Morale Duels."

So yes, you're fine for the spells as long as they don't have "Immune to Influence", and the actions don't create a defender, so you are fine there as well. =]

Oshova

• 2 weeks later...
The local 'born players hate my Hanged for this alone.

Gonna resurrect this thread, quote myself, AND call myself out. WHAMMY!

Buhalin mentioned no healing on Teddy, which I promptly agreed with, but can this happen? Consider that Big Ted is Immune to Influence, Whispers from Beyond is a Spell with a Wp resist and is therefore classified as an attack, thereby granting Teddy defender status ... seems to me Teddy gets to laugh it off.

True? False?

I'll admit to having done this once or twice and no one has called me out on it. Seems odd. Teddy players are usually quick off the mark to wave that Immune to Influence in my face.

You do have to overcome the Immunity, but it's not impossible. I frequently see Teddy in Pandora lists to complement Kade, and she strips his immunity. You can also pair the Hanged with an Onryo or Insidious Madness, although that's far easier/only possible to do with Kirai.

Edit: The Carrion Effigy is a good new option for this too. He's a touch expensive, but except for Kirai I don't feel any of our masters are really locked into their totems.

Edited by Buhallin

You do have to overcome the Immunity, but it's not impossible. I frequently see Teddy in Pandora lists to complement Kade, and she strips his immunity. You can also pair the Hanged with an Onryo or Insidious Madness, although that's far easier/only possible to do with Kirai.

Edit: The Carrion Effigy is a good new option for this too. He's a touch expensive, but except for Kirai I don't feel any of our masters are really locked into their totems.

Ah yes, dependent on combinations it is certainly possible. I suppose I was being a little dense assuming straight up effect versus effect with no additional shenanigans. Actually, I'm fairly certain the first time I stripped Teddy to half wounds was with Kirai and a Madness + Hanged. The other time ... I may have been cheating. :)

I really do see a lot of potential in the Effigy, but it'll take a few games to suss him out. The Chihuahua used to be an auto-include, prior to the errata. Vultures, handy but not so much that I can't see past them. Grave Spirit is a must-take with Nico on some occasions. Copycat Killer? Meh. So yeah, there is certainly a place for the Effigy, especially if you bring an Avatar. He's fragile, but thankfully Diminished Resistance is an Aura and doesn't require LoS, and Flight helps with positioning ... wish he was 10/10 like a Vulture. ;)

Gonna resurrect this thread, quote myself, AND call myself out. WHAMMY!

Buhalin mentioned no healing on Teddy, which I promptly agreed with, but can this happen? Consider that Big Ted is Immune to Influence, Whispers from Beyond is a Spell with a Wp resist and is therefore classified as an attack, thereby granting Teddy defender status ... seems to me Teddy gets to laugh it off.

True? False?

I'll admit to having done this once or twice and no one has called me out on it. Seems odd. Teddy players are usually quick off the mark to wave that Immune to Influence in my face.

I played a game against the Dreamer the other night who was using Teddy. Onryo + Hanged pretty much took Teddy out of the game with Jagoku + Whisper combo. Slap that on a Peacekeeper and watch a guild players face go from happy to infinite sadness!!

Over MOAB I hit a guild executioner with it as well as seamus and betty.

All AMAZING models to hit with it! Without 'love the job' executioner had to hide till I killed him, and on seamus it meant he was burning all his stones and cards to stop it, so that ikyro killed him with ease.

Then when he died, Betty came out- and her bury rule says 'heal' right?

... Down she goes, 10+ card or not!!

I run the Hanged pretty regularly with Kirai. I usual include jack daw as well. I play with alot of agressive players who move up on me pretty fast so have jack in the fray makes whisper one of the easiest casts to get off.

Just the other night I played against a guy who played colette. I removed the corphyee duet as a threat with back to back casts of whisper because it gave me a chance at 6 wds without the effects of bulletproof.

I also love doing it on masters with Jack removing their ability to cheat or use soulstones.

I'd have to say that using the hanged was originally my solution to a friend always running the executioner in his crew and just steamrolling my spirits with his slow to die action. so stopping him from healing to full every time he killed something evened the odds a lot.