New to Ophelia and Malifaux

Corsair

Hello, new to the game, played like one game 6 months ago. We have a league coming up shortly most of which i will miss because i dont do gaming on weekends well, which jumps me into the mega-battle at the end which I can attend which brings me here.

We are allowed 35ss to build a crew with. Using Ophelia I noticed the rules say she is henchman 6 so am i correct she gets 6 extra soul stones to buy people with bringing the total up to 41? I love the internal balancing, thats pretty nifty.

On hand I have the whole Lacroix crew, a taxidermist, a war pig, 3 stuffed pigs, and 3 young lacroixs. What i was thinking of as a crew was all of the above just with one each of the young and stuffed pigs. I figure i can make more stuffed pigs in game. Is this a pretty good set up? What kind of tactics should i use, stay back and shoot or push forward for close range shooting? What are the strengths of the crew I should be pushing to use?

Grab a blister of Bayou Gremlins and a blister of Slop Haulers and you'll be set. Unfortunately like Marsh said, she cannot hire pigs when she is leading a crew. However, a Taxidermist can summon Stuffed Piggies once there are corpse counter everywhere, yet I've found this to be a pit of a pain to actually do.

The key to playing an Ophelia crew is Ophelia her self. A wise man once said that she is the glue to her crew, and this is very true!! Besides the fact that she her self can lay waste to almost anything in the game, most of her abilities are to help enhance her crew. Also, once she is gone her kin lose the ability to companion. There are multiple tactics threads though, I'm not gunna go and start a new one lol.

I've always found that ranged crews can afford to be less aggressive, but it doesn't hurt to be a little over aggressive with the LaCroix. They can dish out so much damage, and with the Slop Hauler they can keep on dishing it out.

The Ophelia box set with 2 slophualers and 3 young LaCroix's will put you at 36 ss with 5 for Ophelia's pool.

This is the list I have run often and it works fantastic against most crews. If you are worried about objective taking there are enough Kin members to take objectives so the young LaCroix's can be there to cause havoc and annoying distractions. They can deal quite a bit of damage for 2 points and I feel they are more effective in a LaCroix list compared to the Bayou Boys, which I would only take over the Youngin's if I needed the significant model numbers for a strategy.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

I've only had a few games with my Ophelia crew but I love them.

The Young Lacroix I usually have as kamikaze models, casting Ophelias Dirty Shot.

The :+fate :+fate :+fate to the attack is well worth the :-fate to damage, especially if you get a high rams for the double damage trigger, odds are good that your young will be dead by the end of the round, so I use reckless and that ability as much as possible, they kill their target pretty quick.

The young'uns ability to cast dirty shot, not to mention being able all activate together with the rest of the crew makes them very powerful models.

Ophelia's "Ooh it's a girl!" is an extremely useful ability, especially if the enemy is packed in a little circle, you get your friend Pere Ravage to push towards her, and then go reckless, walk towards the enemy and hopefully get a couple of Oopsies off, 6" radius dealing dmg 5 is very, very powerful.

That's just a couple of notes from my experience with them so far.

Oh, and when it comes to making your crew, you do have the extra 6 soulstones, but that's also her max cache, and a good soulstone cache is often very important.

Welcome to the game! Gotta say you picked a great crew to start with - full of firepower and fun as well.

The ophelia threads are out there, but everyone does seem to love those mercenaries. The Pull my Finger wiki has some great information on our little gremlinette, if you go to...

http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Ophelia+Lacroix

Hope that helps, adam.