Theory for debate

swingjunkie

Can't start the malifaux pro tour without inviting the brits though. I have a feeling the UK playerbase would be up in arms.

Realistically I don't see a International Pro-tour happening anytime soon. Although a few of us have discussed the idea of proposing a US tour. There are several large conventions picking up the game and it could be fun to have a roving title.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just threw me for a second. thought I had missed out on something.

Can't start the malifaux pro tour without inviting the brits though. I have a feeling the UK playerbase would be up in arms.

Why not? Our Baseball Major Leagues has a World Series and we don't bother inviting anyone else to the Games.

It's not like that silly 'Soccer' game where we pretend other countries really count. :P

I corrected that mistake for you ;)
I said Soccer and I ment Soccer. Football is an American sport that predates Soccer and the English got so jealous they created Rugby.

In fact they even stole our American Language and started to call it English.

We figured out we are the center of the universe why haven't they figured it out yet? Must be becuase we smarter.

(If you will notice I put Soccer in 's to note sarcasm.;))

I thought that my description of Meliador + SoL was adequate. You had a model standing, doing nothing but casting Storm of Light and every enemy model dies if you don't roll exceedingly abysmally the whole game. There was nothing they could do. It was an unfortunate interplay of different mechanics that made the combo completely insanely powerful with no counters other than bad luck on Meliador player's part.

But if these aren't obvious enough, let's take a ridiculous example which should make things crystal clear. If Nekima was non-unique and costed 1SS, the game would be insanely imbalanced. A Lilith crew with 35 Nekimas would rule the tournaments. Eliminating that imbalance would surely make the game better and saying that it shouldn't be done since people would find another broken combo (say, Alp bomb) is crazy. Now, naturally the game isn't imbalanced that severely, but I made the example purposefully ridiculous so as to make sure that no one would address my position through it.

But the exact example are not my point. They are there to illustrate my point, which is that imbalance isn't a magical status quo that can't be lowered.

This kind of view sorta invalidates all the balancing that Wyrd has done and is, IMO, a bit insulting towards them and their rules makers and playtesters.

This is probably the weakest defense for retaining the status quo I've seen. "People whine no matter what so nothing should even be done. Zimbabwe or Canada, no matter."

Edit: upon review, that sounded harsher than I meant. I respect you and your opinions. I just here disagree with them strongly, but I still think that you're all sorts of awesome :)

Essentially my argument boils down to a question of degree.

If Nekima were as you described should she be errataed as soon as possible? Yes.

Is the current situation anywhere near that? No.

I freely admit game imbalance exists, I'm just saying that it tends to fluctuate between models as a system changes, and my point is simply that I don't see the current state as so far outside of the acceptable level of normal fluctuation that it warrants some of the reaction it has gotten.

I think that's the best way I can put it.

I actually didn't find your post offensive. But I'm glad to see that we have similar views on me. :D

I like being at your throat.

You smell nice.

Boundaries. Boundaries!

It's getting uncomfortable in here so I am stepping out. No no, I am cool with what it is you guys do. Heck some of my friends are, ummmm... like you guys.

I am just going back to my Guns and Ammo now.

:hidingpuppet

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

Why not? Our Baseball Major Leagues has a World Series and we don't bother inviting anyone else to the Games.

It's not like that silly 'Soccer' game where we pretend other countries really count. :P

We are quite used to it... the Steampunk World Fair had about 2 people that weren't American.. You can claim to represent the world all you like as the rest of the world accepted you lot are all delusional years back.

We are quite used to it... the Steampunk World Fair had about 2 people that weren't American.. You can claim to represent the world all you like as the rest of the world accepted you lot are all delusional years back.
Read the Title under my Name and you will see my sense of humor agrees with you.:happypuppet1

I pick on the average American's veiw of themselves and the rest of the World. And if you listen to our politicians you will realize this delusional belief is really scary. Some of them really do think God is an American. (And I am not kidding that much here. Scares me to death.)

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer