Dave's Malifaux Minis (Along With Other Minis)

dsmiles

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm still working on Kirai's crew, but the others took about 240 hours total (over the course of about a month). I generally achieve tabletop quality in 7-9 hours per mini. Display quality is quite beyond me, but I imagine it would take 12 or so hours per mini.

Side note: My wife is very understanding of my hobbies. Thank god for the small things.

Thanks.

Short Answer: Fluff.

Long Answer: No, really, fluff: It's actually supposed to represent a soul being weighed against gold (a la the Anubis myth). There's actually the front half of a helmetless Tau head at the bottom of that (can't see it at that angle, though). It's just some pillow stuffing (poly-nylon blend rather than cotton) dry brushed with some Citadel Ice Blue towards the bottom.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. It's sooo weird, you know? The stuff I did back in the day, I look at now and I think to myself, "What did I do? Suck up paint in my nose and sneeze on this thing?"

Watch for the Rotten Harvest voting. There's so many people here better than me, this thing is gonna be off the chain!

EDIT: Now, if only I could figure out this darn Ice Golem.

Edited by dsmiles

Another update. Raspy's box is finished (along with a Hoarcat Pride)!

Rasputina:

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

Ice Golem:

DSC02136.jpg

DSC02134.jpg

DSC02133.jpg

DSC02132.jpg

Hoarcat Pride:

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

Next victim: Ashes and Dust

EDIT: Also, it still doesn't make sense to me that the Ice Golem is on a 40mm base, but the Desolation Engine is on a 50.

Edited by dsmiles