Some crit for a beginner needed please!

Gomez Addams

Like everyone else has said it is a great start, incredibly neat. I'd also agree on the highlight comments, they could do with going up a couple of steps. I think the whites on the collars etc look great, but maybe try and bring the black up a bit.

All these things could be the photo (or my screen at work) though, so maybe look at lighting for the pictures too! Can we see the other models?

Hi all,

Gomez's missus here (as if it wasn't obvious by the name..). Hadn't realised he'd posted this up on here until yesterday.

Thanks for all the great comments :)

I know the highlights are rather subtle (although I don't think Gomez's photography helps) - I was being careful not to over-do them, but I think I've been a bit over-cautious.

@Crazycarl I did think about a plaid-effect on the coat, but I know that I can't paint straight lines well enough just yet. Still, it's an excuse to get another Seamus when my painting's a bit better :D

As for my other models..

These were the first 2 models I ever painted - a pair of Games Workshop Jungle Fighters: 2bwo4w.jpg

Followed by an Egyptian cat (where I tried to get really ambitious and paint the gemstone..)

ouxr3d.jpg

Sadie from Hasslefree was next:

2e2mouu.jpg

And I've also painted Heresy's Emily Lake model, but I don't have pictures of her yet.

Ya don't be afraid to really push the high and low lights. The worst thing that can happen is you mess up a miniatures and learn something. The stuff looks very good so far. The ability to keep the colors clean and consistent is very important ( especially in the base coats). There seems to be a basic solid foundation that has been built and now you can start really pushing your colors. One other word of advice i would give is to start learning what kind of color combinations people use to highlight. That in my opinion is the most important thing, the color combinations. There is some tricky stuff out there such as using a dark dark blue to lowlight reds.

Also basing. People underestimate the importance of basing in the finished miniature. Neglecting this is like doing a portrait and painting the background black :P.

good job though, really like sadie.

Edited by AntiZombie