A discussion of Book 3's Big Big Spoiler

Jonas Albrecht

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Sonnia Criid eats sword in order to avoid allowing Cherufe access to her meatbody. This does not prevent the Tyrant from claiming her. We have two things to go off of for precedent: Rasputina's refusal to allow December to claim her, and the claiming of Hamelin by Plauged.

What do you think this is going to mean for Sonnia? Actually, better question: What would you prefer?

Inner turmoil and the two consciousnesses fighting each other to control her body (Sonnia should be weaker but Chrufe expended most his power claiming her, as December with Rasputina) - think Jean Grey/Phoenix at the end of Xmen Last Stand (I know there's a better example of this but can't think what it is)

I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where Sonnia comes out on top that wouldn't have me just rolling my eyes.

With Mr Hopkins help and Sonnia's pure awesomeness they trick the phoenix entity....oh sorry cherule...cheruffu...cher...the fire tyrant thing into her sword of mightiness after beating him at tic tac toe, thus trapping him in his own key making him not unlike a daemon weapon from 40 war games by numbers k.

Mr Hopkins will then gather up Sonnia in his manly arms and they will ride off into the sunset....the end.

With Mr Hopkins help and Sonnia's pure awesomeness they trick the phoenix entity....oh sorry cherule...cheruffu...cher...the fire tyrant thing into her sword of mightiness after beating him at tic tac toe, thus trapping him in his own key making him not unlike a daemon weapon from 40 war games by numbers k.

Mr Hopkins will then gather up Sonnia in his manly arms and they will ride off into the sunset....the end.

I've an inkling of suspicion that it's going to be a lot less like a Phoenix storyline, and a lot more like Galactus (all the masters team up to confront Cherufe).

Well as long as Sonnia and Hopkins get it on in the end, also I hope we never see an all master together love-a-thon super team up, that would be really naff. Id rather have my previous posted ending....or someone waking up and it being all a dream.

I'm pretty sure the only thing Samael will be penetrating Sonnia with is bullets. Lots of bullets.

And I agree, a faction wide team up against Cherufe would be ridiculous.

Thats the one I disliked the most, one hand a master all about nature and the beauty and power of his beast breather-en on the other an insane scientist all about perverting the power of nature. Marcus didn't seem to have any issues with Dr M's mutilation of several beasts.

They're both scientists, and while we have yet to see any of Marcus' work, "Chimeramancy" doesn't strike me as all that animal friendly.

Thats the one I disliked the most, one hand a master all about nature and the beauty and power of his beast breather-en on the other an insane scientist all about perverting the power of nature. Marcus didn't seem to have any issues with Dr M's mutilation of several beasts.

Marcus doesn't strike me as a Druid, though. He's an aggressive Darwinist, it seems like. Survival of the fittest through forced experimentation, with the intention of becoming the fittest through his research.

Disagree I think Marcus is quite clearly a nature lover, why else help the necromancy.

Well, he didn't really. McMourning took his lessons and went all Malifaux on them, and hadn't been in contact with Prof. Marcus in forever. When they meet up, and Marcus eyes the Rogue Necromancy, his interest is purely scientific. We also see him dominate it through sorcery, which is a clue on how he functions.

I agree he was interested, but healing the undead monstrosity, dominating it (So he could call on it for assistance later) then allowing it to bound off into the woods and saving it from its demented creator.....at least that's the angle I read and with most things in life people always disagree.....its what makes everything interesting.