lenny

DireTrollJake

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said he might for the sake of discussion. His Whacked Pigs help control the Stampede.

The more I look at Lenny the more I am confused by his role (especially with Somer).

His Big Target action effectively turns off his Df trigger (and wont protect Somer in either form). The Whacked Piglet ability has too short of a range to really control Piglets (especially with his low CB). The lack of a Cg limits his Dg threat and ability to function as a counter charger. And lastly the Dumb ability is really at odds with Somers Ill Fated (cant really think of any reason to bring him since I will essentially be playing with 4 cards in my hand and he will either be slow the entire time or lose 1 Wd to give him a normal activation in addition to the 1 card tax).

Perhaps he will work better with Ophelia, anyone got any ideas?

When you get the summoning machine going you gain cards from Survival of the Fittest. I wouldn't be too worried bout not having cards to drop for Dumb.

Cb5 is average, and the damage output with his trigger is awesome! With Gremlins Luck Lenny will hit stuff with his giant stick, just you wait! I think he is going to be the meat shield, what the Warpig is supposed to be. Taking damage, while giving out the armor. Som'er and a Slop Hauler can heal him up nice and good.

Here are 2 35ss lists I want to try out with Lenny. One is using Ophelia as a master, the other is a Som'er list. I know I shouldn't really list build in Malifaux, but it's fun to dream!!!

Ophelia - 4ss Cache (will be 6 if I opt not to take a scheme)

Totem: 3 x Young LaCroix - 6ss

Rami - 6ss

Pere - 5ss

Francois - 5ss

Lenny - 7ss

Slop Hauler - 4ss

2 x Bayou Gremlins

Som'er Teeth Jones - 5ss Cache (can be 7 if I opt not to take a scheme)

Totem: Giant Mosquito - 2ss

Lenny - 7ss

4 x Bayou Gremlins - 8ss

Hog Whisperer - 5ss

2 x Piglets - 6ss

Looking at Lenny again today. If you were to pair him up with Ophelia giving him masks on his Df, you'd be getting off his 'Stop Picking On Me' trigger all the time.

To bad that means I have to worry about my Gremlins recieving slow if they are benefitting from Big Target (granted they can use Reckless to offset this but then they have to take a Wd which offsets the Armor benefit)

To bad that means I have to worry about my Gremlins recieving slow if they are benefitting from Big Target (granted they can use Reckless to offset this but then they have to take a Wd which offsets the Armor benefit)

Well ... its something, at least.

Also, Avatar Somer would help reduce the side effects of Stop Picking on Me.

Think we're onto something here.

Edited by Dumb Luck

..ah back in the day, when a movie, popcorn and a drink was less than a fiver.. and don't even get me started on the price of bread!

In all seriousness tho, I will be looking to run lenny over Francois, just feel his 'buffs' are far more valuable..

SS!

In all fairness I do not have the 3 book as I am waiting to buy it from my local hobby store, however why not replace Raphael with this lenny? Francois has so much more potential with the hair line trigger that ophelia just gives him.

I think francois is there to just take down something when it needs to go down. So I am very against taking him out of my lists

The 'issue?' with the Kin is that everyone of them is good at their area of talent, so just dropping one is going to take some thought. Francois is great with the Hair Trigger but Rafael is great for flanking on his own and taking points. Or just heading in and getting into a ruckus. Don't under estimate Hard to Kill with Gremlins Bleed Green.

So essentially you will have to design a list to the Strategy or Faction you are facing instead of a one size fits all crew.

Darn, I hate options.:happypuppet1

I see Dumb Luck's concern about taking up SS that can be used for lower costing Gremlins but his usefulness seems to be worth 3 Bayou Gremlins. He hits much harder, is hard to bring down and adds armor to those around him.

He will make you switch up some tactics but he will not make a crew weaker by any means.

Will disagree a little bit on this.

3 Bayou Gremlins have the same Damage potential on Weak using 1 :rams per Activation (for Dumb luck Trigger) and can generate up to 27 Dg (on 6 Severe Flips with one trigger per) at a Rg of up to 12" (with either the Boomstick or Rusty Weapon), where as Lenny can generate up to 21 Dg with his 3 AP (using three :rams for Hugs and Squeezes trigger) at a distance of only 2". Neither models Cb is over average Df so neither is very likely to be flipping :+fate for damage (increasing the likelyhood of flipping moderate or severe) but the increased flips generated by the 3 Bayou Gremlins should tip the scales a bit in their favor (up to 12 additional card flips per turn if reckless)

Also he may have more Wds, and benefit from both Hard to Wound 1 and Armor 1 but he also depletes Somers already low Control hand just activating or takes a Wd every turn to get his normal 2 AP (without the ability to get a third because he had to use Reckless to offset Slow from not discarding). Additionally Bayou Gremlins are easily replacable in Game (with Somer) where as Lenny is not. Pitiful is a non-issue since you are typically going to want an early activation out of him to maximize the effect of his Buff.

His Big Target action is nice but easily offset by just killing Lenny since it is an :aura or ignored completly since Gremlins typically do more Dg to themselves then the enemy anyway. Also using Big target limits Lenny to either moving or attacking (since unless you are willing to both dump a control card and take a Wd you are going to be limited to just his 2 AP). Lastly, Big Target does nothing for Somer since he is Ht 2.

Overall I see Lenny as helping Ophelia's crew out much more then Somer's (since all of them are Ht 1), though the Whacked Piglet :ranged attacks benefits does intrigue me.

Well Omenbringer that is were we might be having our different views. I play the LaCroix kin when I play Gremlins and have not used Som'er as of yet.(Waiting for Peaches.) So I find the Bayou boys a 'meh' choice when compared to the Youngins, Slophualer and Kin. Lenny just looks like he will compliment the Kin's weaknesses and add a 'thump' where it is needed.

I still am not sure how Som'er feels or what he needs so I can not speak for Som'er players.

When we get some more play experience it will be interesting to see what his Tactica will look like at Pull My Finger.

STUFF

This pretty much. That said, I am still a fan of Big Target against your Guild crews and the Quit Pickin' On Me/Avatar Somer/Ophelia combo has some worth.

What it comes down to his fitting him in and if he is worth inclusion over Gremlins of similar points. For Gremlins, I believe the best new minion from Book 3 is McTavish.