Question's on Models and Conversions

mpangelu

Question

My buddy and I are looking at eventually getting into tournaments. But one thing he is big on is converting a lot of his models or even using some that he likes as "counts as" though you can usually tell what they are by the time he finished. I haven't been able to find anything about the stance on models for use in Malifaux.

I realize each tournament organizer might put in his own specific ruling on this, but in general. Do we even have to use Wyrd models(as long as correct looking height and the same base size). Are we allowed to do mass converting? .. Or what are the general thoughts/rules for this.

I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for this, but it seemed to be rule discussion in my point of view...

6 answers to this question

The gaining ground document to the right of the screen contains the official Wyrd tournement rules.

On page 2 Conversions it says that a model must contain no more than 35% from other companies. the rest must be wyrd or original sculpt.

But in a non wyrd run tournement it is entirely up to the organiser. I've seen some that allow 1 proxy which can be from anywhere to allow for currently unmade figures, but location you are in makes a big difference.

At my tournaments here in Germany we allow Conversations. But we have to check these bevore the Tournament.

Most players send me a Picture of the Miniatures they want to use...

Of course Basesize and HT have to be OK.. and you should recognize what the Mini should be...

A big thing is the statcard... this also have to be OK...

A big thing is the statcard... this also have to be OK...

This.

You probably should order the stat cards from Wyrd, for the models you proxy in tournaments. If you proxy just one or two models to save some cash, it probably makes more sense to buy Wyrd originals than to order the cards.

If you scratch-build an entire crew to your liking, cost of ordering the cards isn't all that prohibitive though.

Locally I only allow proxies of unreleased models. I also require a card be made for them. Mostly because no one wants to play the guy flipping through the book for his models stats every 5 minutes.

At conventions I stick to the Wyrd official rule, which is no proxies and conversion need to be 66% Wyrd(or hand sculpted)

The gaining ground document to the right of the screen contains the official Wyrd tournement rules.

On page 2 Conversions it says that a model must contain no more than 35% from other companies. the rest must be wyrd or original sculpt.

I love these percentage rules. I'd love to see someone try to enforce it.

"Sorry sir, but clearly that model is 36% non-Wyrd, you can't use it"