UK Terraclips Orders

jeffb007

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone gets their pre-ordered terraclips from Maelstrom could you post the date you placed your order?

Would be good to know if they're fulfilling 1st come 1st served...

In all honesty I don't blame Maelstrom for the delay (used them for years with nothing but great service) it's the lack of updates that's getting on me wick.

I had an email from Maelstrom today saying that my terraclips would be posted out first thing monday, will let you know if this is the case. I ordered mine off their ebay store quite late, 8th August, so not too sure how they are prioritising

I had an email from Maelstrom today saying that my terraclips would be posted out first thing monday, will let you know if this is the case. I ordered mine off their ebay store quite late, 8th August, so not too sure how they are prioritising

7th of July I ordered mine and no emails at all....

If anyone gets their pre-ordered terraclips from Maelstrom could you post the date you placed your order?

Would be good to know if they're fulfilling 1st come 1st served...

In all honesty I don't blame Maelstrom for the delay (used them for years with nothing but great service) it's the lack of updates that's getting on me wick.

This is what gets me too I just want them to be honest about what is going on!

Mine was placed on 11th August and is still showing as processing. I got this reply from them today when I asked about them - "Our first batch landed with us this weekend and is being allocated to orders.". No idea whether they have enough to cover all their pre-orders though?

I placed mine on 6th August, and it is "processing".

I got an email from them over the weekend saying that they received their first shipment at the weekend and there was a second consignment due to arrive in a fortnight.

I am guessing that by telling me about the second consignment, they are really telling me that my order will be filled from that second consignment. Oh, well - I have waited a year. Another few weeks is fine.

I've chased them again today, no response at the moment. I'd imagine mine is in the second lot at least. I would have ordered ages ago, but I think it is wrong that they take the moment at the time of pre-ordering as it means I'm paying for something I'm not going to get for ages.

I received them today and had the chance to try and put something together. I tried out one large building, three large tiles on the ground floor, two above them and small tile attached to the side on the ground floor. Adding in the three large tiles I needed to put the roofs on that used up all eight of them. I don't know if it was because of the way I put it together but I got through all the L clips and could have done with more but I had plenty of T's and I's left.

It took me around half an hour all told to construct it though I'd expect to do it quicker next time as I have a better idea of what to do. It was sturdy, even with leaving lots of parts unclipped, and making sure the clips are placed on exactly right is very important for the structure to hang together. There are parts in it that I'm not entirely sure what they are. I think I may have to track down some internet instructionals somewhere to find out :)

EDIT: I think leaving the roofs off altogether would be a good idea if you're pushed for time. It won't look as nice but it shouldn't impact how they're used much and will leave you with more clips and floor tiles to use.

Still hasn't shipped. Starting to wonder why I preordered with them a year ago.
That is very poor service. At the very least they should have been in touch.

They do have a message on their front page:

Malifaux's Terraclips - they're a bit cursed, because they're already a year late; but we've received quite a lot of our initial pre-order, but thanks to Wyrd not anticipating demand they are sending more to us as we write. They are currently in transit, and there should be enough to fulfil all orders up to the current date, but we'll give you more news as and when
I would have thought a year old pre-order would get priority. I would get in touch with Maelstrom and ask for an explanation.

If you shop with Wayland I recommend their Ebay store, it's more reliable in my experiences (waiting 4 weeks for a order from the store only to find the stuff in stock on their ebay store while return site says out of stock, canceled order, ordered from ebay, got stuff 2 days later).

Frontline Games(in Welshpool, Powys, UK) got a batch of Terraclips in, but Dave (the owner) did state that once those were gone he'd be unable to get any more for about 2 or 3 months as they were on back order with the distributor.

Maelstrom used to be good, but not recently. I pre-ordered stuff cause I wanted to get them the moment it was out. Guess what, I waited for 2 weeks after an item was released and my order was still under processing, item was shown as out of stock on the site. I sent them an e-mail, only then did they tell me that they didn't bring in enough stock. What's the point of a pre-order then? I waited more than 2 months before they sent me the item. No more pre-orders for me on their site.

I would suggest using ebay for any of the companies that use it... I believe the pressure for feedback and ratings and whatnot pushes them to prioritise. For example, with maelstrom and the terraclips, I preordered mine less than a month ago and have recieved mine already, paid for next day delivery and got them delivered this Tuesday, so dispached Monday, which I imagine is the 1st batch of preorders

• 2 weeks later...

After a series of stock and order issues with Maelstrom i now go by the simple rule of thumb that is if it's not in stock i'll go somewhere else... their service on re-stocking and pre-ordering for PP & malifaux seems to be absolutely shocking

That said within the local club people have had similar issues with Wayland too with stuff showing in stock until after they ordered it and taking a month or more to be re-stocked and shipped

I've found Wayland to be far worse than Maelstrom. I've placed orders with Wayland's site and had to wait over a month for them to dispatch (when according to them the entire was was in stock the entire time), meanwhile a friend of mine has ordered off their Ebay store (same premises and staff) and received their order in 2 or 3 days. These days just order from Ebay when it comes to Wayland, it means I actually get my order.

I've had a few problems in ordering things that are out of stock with Maelstrom and having to wait a few weeks, but I just tend to order what they have in stock these days and typically get my orders in 2 or 3 days.