Confused with Puppets box contents.

NAVARRO

Hello all, I'm very interested in getting all puppets for my collections and not that interested in the game itself, just the miniatures... After following the new releases box sets descriptions many questions started to pop up about them.

So sorry for the noobness about all this but here it goes:

-Theres a total of 40 puppets right?

- The Game box set only has 6 exclusive miniatures the rest is also duplicated on boosters?

- The only way of getting all the 36 listed puppets is buying all box sets and in the process having something like 12 duplicates?

- There are 4 puppets not listed in any box and those are:

Hooded Rider, Pokey victoria, Lucius, Teddy, how do I get those?

Thanks and its very confusing for someone not familiar with malifaux character names to figure out what's in each box just by following the names listed, some pictures of the content would be quite less stressing.

Remember you can have up to 3 of the same puppet in a crew.. the duplicated ones are ones you will probably want more than 1 of.

Pokey Vik, will be available in a future release, but was thrown in as a bonus when you got the main game from Gencon

Hooded Rider, will be available in a future release, but was thrown in as a bonus when you got 3 boosters from Gencon

Lucius, will be available in a future release, but will be thrown in as a bonus when you buy the Puppet Wars Figure Case..

Teddies will appear in random packs... but will also be available in other ways.

Thank you for the replies they helped me a lot. :)

I was wondering something, is there any way to get all the miniatures without the cards and game rules/tokens?

That would be perfect for the collector and painter among us that consider getting 12 duplicated miniatures a bit to much... Maybe its something planned down the road?

Lucius, will be available in a future release, but will be thrown in as a bonus when you buy the Puppet Wars Figure Case..

Any word on when the case is suppose to be released?

Is this the case I heard Battle Foam was making? Was at Gencon but didn't stop by the Battle Foam booth. Heard about it on the forums.

The box is rather flimsy and small for my 70+ puppets... I went a little puppet crazy at Gencon. So a nice case would be great, plus gotta get Lucius. :bounce:

Edited by pgbsamurai