Base inserts

redben

I'm painting a gremlin warpig at the moment which doesn't slide into a base so I decided to bite the bullet and give pinning a try. I went to the Maelstrom website yesterday and ordered a 50mm bayou base insert and a P3 pinning kit having first been scrupulous in checking both were in stock. Anyone who has ordered an out of stock item from them before knows what I'm talking about. I get an e-mail today saying the order has been split and the drilling kit posted because the base insert is currently out of stock.

:banghead: :banghead:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to take the plunge and try to pin. I got a drill set from PP but I'm having a problem with it and all the online advice I can find on drilling assumes that you can at least get the drill to work....

Whenever I put even slight downward pressure on the drill the bit slides up into it. I tighten it as much as I can and I'm sure it's in the right place. What am I doing wrong?

Whenever I put even slight downward pressure on the drill the bit slides up into it. I tighten it as much as I can and I'm sure it's in the right place. What am I doing wrong?

The inner collar (the piece that initially holds the bit centered) on some drills are double sided. The one end of the inner collar's pincers are smaller than the other ends.

Try unscrewing the very top all the way off and see if the inner collar is reversable.

Something to check out at any rate.

Cheers,

JS

Hello,

I have been pinning and gluing for many years now and I wan tmake sure you do understand when buying Zap-a-gap it comes in multiple kinds, and a strange variant. The difernce is the thickness of flow on the differnt types, all the way from gel like to flows like mercury, ie.thick to thin. There is also a accelrator available (for CA+) which just makes the glue bond faster. Thin works well if your just putting two small peices together (CA), or if bigger pieces (CA+) that also fills the gap (use thick if you need to do this), but it takes a full 24 hrs. to cure. The regular CA is faster but very thin and I can not stress enough not to open the bottle with your teeth, ( a person's you don't like perhaps, or one that droped said model) as (CA) will stick your lips together in painful ways. They also sell a "uncure" product as well, get this! It will remove the excess glue from the base and wherever as well as paint from your pallets. It also allows you to clean the tips of your bottle out between uses. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Carl