Hex and Stiched Together

Fading Memory

So I stumbled upon a post about hexing Does Not Die from Stiched Together, so the Stiched Together stays in play at the end of the turn. I did not check to see if there was an official rule clarification, if there is please send me the link.

One argument said because the ability has been removed the model stays in play, the effect is not activated. The other argument says the ability triggered an affect that stays on the model, so unless the effect is removed as well, the Stiched Together will die at the end of the turn.

I did some rule searching because I did not believe the Stiched Together would die at the end of the turn if Does Not Die has been removed.

Here's why...

I agree that Does Not Die applies effects to the Stiched Together once it is activated. However, there are multiple kinds of effects. The ones that come into play in this situation are ongoing effects (applied constantly, never ending) and immediate (applied when needed). The Does Not Die ability comes in three parts. The first part is an immediate effect that happens as soon as the model would die, "When this model would be killed, it instead remains in play with 1wd remaining." This is an immediate effect that happens as soon as the model would die. This is not an effect that happens at the start of the game. It only activates when needed. The second part, activated once the first part has been activated, is an ongoing effect, "This model cannot be sacrificed or buried until the Start Close Phase, and if this model already activated this turn it gains Reactivate." Once this part of the ability has been activated it stays on the model; it is ongoing/never ending. The third part, the part part being debated, is an immediate effect saying "Sacrifice this model during the Resolve Effects Step." This part, this effect of the ability, is only activated during the resolve effects step. It is an effect that does not happen/ does not take affect UNTIL the Resolve Effects step. Therefore if Does Not Die is activated and then removed from the model, it WILL stay in play at the end of the turn. An immediate effect can not take place if the source of the effect is missing. The ability comes in three sentences, three separate parts that activate at separate times. Upon activation, only the first two parts apply effects. Remove the ability before the third effect takes place, and the effect cannot happen. You cannot activate what is not there.

The rules separate the difference from ongoing and immediate effects. The rules also say that some effects are triggered by abilities, and that multiple effects can be triggered by one ability. By removing Does Not Die from the Stiched Together it removes the trigger that activates during the Reslove Effects step.

Now I do agree that the effect of not being able to sacrifice it or bury it are still on the model until the Start Close Phase because they are ongoing and have already been activated.

Removing Does Not Die from the Stitched does not remove any effects that Does Not Die has already put on the model. SO if you have hit 0Wds and returned on 1Wd due to Does Not Die, Does Not Die will have created an effect on the model which means it can't be buried or sacrificed and will be removed at the end of the turn. Removing Does Not Die, would mean it could be shot and killed, but would not stop it dying from the effect at the end of the turn.