Where's the Killjoy love?

Inari82

I love Killjoy and the Desolation engine.

Dessolation engine got taken out in one activation by My Gun Slinger

The Abomination pin-wheels are always a fun target for Cassandra and Raspy to :blast

Killjoy charged my Freikorps Librarian who had suit for healing spell and slow to die from VonSchills, and 'Died' about 10 time in one turn, first couple where from Killjoy getting free attacks, and the rest as my Ronin hit him and black blood hurt her.

Then in another game Colette got :tomes:tomes:tomes turning him into a lovely Mannikin's.

It's funny. I'm physically sitting here reading Killjoy in the book. I'm considering taking him with Marcus. With the cheap, extremely fast models from Rising Powers (Malifaux Raptors & Night Terrors), Killjoy could be in the opponents DZ by turn 2 causing serious mayhem.

I know he is costly, but he could hold up most of the enemy crew while my crew completes their strategy.

Ran him a few times with my Vikys and in a Nicodem list, he is not quite as resilient as he appears and if isolated will go down pretty quick. There are so many crews with the mobility to avoid him or with high weak damage minions that if he is strung out and kept out of combat he is easily dealt with. That being said with a Nicodems crew undead buff and the damage/heal ranged spell he is a worthy beat stick and happily takes on any of the big critters your opponent fields.

Ran him a few times with my Vikys and in a Nicodem list, he is not quite as resilient as he appears and if isolated will go down pretty quick. There are so many crews with the mobility to avoid him or with high weak damage minions that if he is strung out and kept out of combat he is easily dealt with. That being said with a Nicodems crew undead buff and the damage/heal ranged spell he is a worthy beat stick and happily takes on any of the big critters your opponent fields.

Aside from the Nicodem comments, I think I disagree everything else.

First of all, he is 4/8 with a 2" reach (4/10 vs Neverborn). That's not really fast, but it isn't slow either. Also, with the hook, he could walk then attack and with the trigger built in, he pulls the target in for a melee expert hit.

But the big thing is his placement - it's not like he has to trudge across the board. Send a cheap speedy minion up and sac it to place him right near the enemy. Placed correctly, he should be on someone that turn.

High weak damage minions? How many of those are there? And are they going to survive a turn of combat with him? Probably not. With his Hard to Wound 2 and 12 wounds it is unlikely anyone is going to put him right down - and if they don't, he will most likely put them down then Eat his Fill.

Is he unstoppable? No. Instant win? No. Is he kick-ass? Oh yeah.

Is he unstoppable? No. Instant win? No. Is he kick-ass? Oh yeah.

I agree, his best spot is in an army of low AP guys so you can out action your opponent, position then drop killjoy for a kill, then keep in melee for next turn.

I've seen in nico lists and a vulture is sacrificed after moving 10. I think he can also be used in 50 pits with colette, an sacrifice a dove. The rest of hte faction can always take a desp merc to get him.