New Terrain Table

AmishLuvah

I haven't posted much in a while but I'm coming back strong! I made a 4x4 desert terrain table out of 1/2" thick plywood. I put some folding legs on it to make it an actual table. Here's some pics.

Table01.jpg

Table02.jpg

One with a little terrain on it for reference.

Table03.jpg

A picture with the legs folded up.

Table04.jpg

I left the table a little bare so that I could add what I wanted to it. It also made for easier storage. Questions or comments are welcome as always.

You are off to a great start on that board. A few recommendations though;

Have you seen the Cactus plants that Pegasus Hobbies produces? I wager a few of those either thrown around sporadically or perhaps on seperate stands could would look pretty good.

I might also suggest a few splotches of dead-looking static grass (mix of Yellows, light and dark greens) thrown around to complete the look.

@Omenbringer

You read my mind. I went ahead and put some around the stream but I plan on scattering some around the whole board. Also, I'm going to put some snaps on the edge of the table exactly 6 inches in on each side and have strings with the other half of the snaps so I can attach them and show a 3x3 area for Malifaux. 4x4 is just too darn big for the game. :)

Looks really good!

I also have a comment - it looks as though the grey scatter material you dropped has been applied a natural, with no paint or wash. At the scales we play with, most materials dont look quite right without an application of something. I recommend at least washing them with a grey wash and then dry brushing with light grey if you like the color.

Just a picky recommendation, but otherwise looks good!

Looks really good!

I also have a comment - it looks as though the grey scatter material you dropped has been applied a natural, with no paint or wash. At the scales we play with, most materials dont look quite right without an application of something. I recommend at least washing them with a grey wash and then dry brushing with light grey if you like the color.

Just a picky recommendation, but otherwise looks good!

Oooh, good idea. I'll have to make a thin brown wash to tone down the grey a little bit.