Bishop Bishop Bishop?!!!!!!

Iamwyrd

I've played Bishop a lot in my Vickies crew in the pre-Freikorps days. I most often used him to tie down one or two big hitters (toss them together first, adaptive for :crows to keep them slowed down - his 1" melee range makes sure they won't hobble off too far) while the rest of the fragile crew took care of whatever was in range, safe from retaliation because my awesome cage fighter was holding down the fort. Sometimes Bishop would die, but more often than not he would survive at least 1 turn against 2 and almost indefinitely against 1 target. 10 ss might be expensive for a tar pit, but he's the best at what he does, hands down.

Now with Von Schill my Bisshop hasn't seen much action recently. It's tempting to overload your list with Freikorps, but it's a totally different crew and play style than the original Victorias. Personally I intend to return to the non-Freikorps merc crew for the next tournament (although Libby is very, very tempting to take along), and prove it can perform at least as well as the Freiks.

Adaptive Fighter for Masks(depending on your hand, you could also go for Rams or Tomes, but I save masks for my Viks)

Quick Charge

Melee Expert

Defensive Stance

He's a pugilist, not a barbarian. He's great when used appropriately

Defensive stance is the first action a model must do in its activation, unless that's a simple list of key abilities to keep him honest ;).