Levedicus at 35 ss

BigGreen

I'm just wondering what other people take with Levedicus at 35 ss. I have been taking,

Levedicaus. 3ss cache

Dead Rider. 10ss

Peace Keeper. 9ss

Ryle. 8ss

Watcher. 3ss

Canine Remains.2ss

The list works well I just feel like it is slightly underwhelming. Just wondering what everyone else takes. Has anyone tried the Collodii box with Levedicus?

It dose well as long as they don't have a ton more activations then me. Both the PK and the DR have a crazy threat range. The other thing about my list is a lot of the people I play want corpse counters. I kill and use the canines right away, so in my list the only thing that really gives away corpse counts is the dead rider gives one. So with all those scrap counters I can make a lot of SPA.

fair enough everyone prefers their own game strategies... I don't usually kill my own toys for others, rather just beat down with what I have got

Steampunk abominations in groups of 4 have a silly threat range too, caught a few people unfamiliar with levi and popped a desolation engine in their deployment zone turn 1

I almost always start with Alyce and 4 SPA's, then adjust the rest of my list according to strategy etc. The few times I haven't taken at least 4 SPA's to start with I really regretted it, plopping a DE right in your enemies face turn 1/2 can be a priceless ambush! And SPAs go down so easily that it can be hard to summon enough during a game.

If you've got the stones for it a necropunk and killjoy paired with a summoned DE can be hilarious. I once popped out KJ and a DE at the beginning of my second turn and proceeded to kill EVERYTHING except Sonnia.

I've been using Ryle a lot recently but to be honest he hasn't exactly wowed me, I just never ever seem to get his triggers off or the extra damage from his gun. He seems like one of those models you'd be wanting to hold a card or two for to get these abilities off but sadly, if you're playing Levi and not changing your hand every turn you're doing it wrong.

I've tried using a watcher and, while I can see the potential, especially with Leveticus, it's not really achieved much so far. Will work best against certain crews that rely on cover to screen their advance ('tina, Nico, stitched etc) or ranged crews that like to hang back and snipe (take THAT Nino! I hate that guy)

I had fun with a steamborg, but it still paled compared to the DE.

I've got a Teddy, but still never used it. Being on the whooping end of Teddy before though, I can see the appeal as he doesn't need any specific cards to kick serious ass.

@ the OP.

Your list is fine, but like others said, drop the peacekeeper for Alyce. I wouldn't however, drop the watcher for 1 SPA, individually they are one of the worst models in the game. If you're going to take them, take 4, that's their only purpose in life (undeath?) is to summon the Desi.

If people are using the watcher for flanking and offense...don't. Use it purely for objectives. Treasure Hunt, Recon, Destroy the Evidence, Line in the Sand, etc. Can you use it to zap enemies to debuf them, sure, but they'll be far less effective without crew synergy and far more dead.

As for Ryle, yes, I have found he never makes up his points. The reason for this, I think, is that people see how absolutely stupid he is with Hoffman and freak out when they see him, even if he doesn't perform nearly as well with Levi without machine puppet.

What do you use to represent you Ashes and Dust?

I converted up a computer-esque monitor contained in a sandstorm with lots of wiring and mechanical bits and 3 steampunk abominations fused in too... looks nuts but its clearly an ashes and dust

I will get some pictures taken for you guys

I would love to try Collodi with Levi, but....IMO, Collodi's model is garbage, and it was enough for me to not buy him, so I haven't tried it.

I did, however, toy around with list building for the combo. It would be

Levi

Alyce

Collodi

Marinoettes x3

?

Can't think of anything to add into the slot. Ryle would be an awesome option but you can't have both Ryle and Collodi due to special forces restrictions. There are no other ranged constructs that Levi can hire, and there are no strong ranged undead that are practical to use as a fire platform with Levi/Alyce. I guess you could add just about anything though.

Here is my typical Levi list

Levi (1ss cache)

Necropunk 3ss

2x SPA. 6ss

Canine remains 2ss

Killjoy. 11ss

Desolation engine 12ss

This list is so quick. I don't know how often the necropunk has gone in either to grab an objective or get in the middle of a crew and pop killjoy out. I know killjoy will die, but he usually takes 3-4 models with him. And then everyone else comes up and mops up whatever is left.