30/50 McMourning and Sideboard Q?

Obeisance

So Wyrd's stance is no proxies. Boo.

Here's a WIP shot of McMourning. The basing theme is "McMourning's Radioactive Graveyard".

mcmourningWIP.jpg

Left to do:

Bloodstains

Lichen on the rocks

Possibly a bit more highlighting

The goo was pretty easy. Deneb stone. Scorpion green and water. Scorpion and Badmoon. Wash heavily with Thrakka green. And... straight PVA glue over the top. Dries mostly clear, making it look goey. The white bits under the rocks will go when it dries.

It's basically the same thing I'd do for Cryxian necroventing, minus the PVA.

Gonna pick up a Grave Spirit and some Necropunks tomorrow.

Official tourneys....yeah...no proxies.

Our old Henchman said it was okay if you had the legit card for them and it looked similar.

Beyond that, go nuts.

As for the totem vs. totem

they cuddled his puppy so now I use neither.

MCM is usually accompanied by

Sebs

Some K9 remains

Frankie (optional)

Punk Zombies

Belles

• 1 month later...
Official tourneys....yeah...no proxies.

what?

gaining ground allows proxies

Conversions are an excellent way to show off your modeling skills. In an Official

Tournament, original sculpts are allowed if the TO deems them to be accurate

representations of the models portrayed. If using a model that was converted with

manufactured pieces, no more than 33% of the finished model may be built using other

game companies’ models, while the rest must be either wholly or a combination of original

sculpt or Wyrd-manufactured pieces.

WOW great... how do you paint the Blood... looks realy cool...

Looks like he does it similar to mine actually (given what he is standing on there, the paint pot I mean)

Tamiya #29 Clear Red with a little Chaos Black and a touch of Scorched Brown. Found it on a blog called Massive Voodoo. I had to order the Tamiya paint and I got it earlier this month. Been loving it on my Kirai crew.

Also, heya Obeisance! Funny seeing you over here. Bit by the Malifaux bug too, eh?

Also, the Rogue Necromancy isn't legal quite yet, but it comes out in November (October if you get the Molly box), so it isn't too far off. I plan on getting the Molly box most likely. Kind of waiting to start up McMourning and Nicodem (who I have the start of) until I can get the RN for them to function as a heavy hitter. And maybe see the second Flesh Construct model because I hate the current one.

what?

gaining ground allows proxies

I've always considered proxies and conversion to be two different things. Gaining Grounds makes the distinction, having both a Proxy Rules and a Conversion Rules section.

Proxies are straight up stand-in models (or "I'm gonna use this white bishop as a Death Marshal!"), usually from a different manufacturer.

Conversions are a model that has been changed in some way, usually involving the actual model from the range altered to suit the taste of the player ("I don't like the pose, I'll convert it."). It can also be a totally different model sculpted, hacked and swapped to represent a specific model ("I'm gonna do an arm swap and add a hat to Joss, make him a Death Marshal!"). If you're converting a different manufacturer model, you've officially ventured into "proxy conversion" territory ("I like this Space Marine ... add a hat, he's a Death Marshal!!").

In the case of Gaining Grounds, a conversion must be no less than 66.6% Wyrd product (or original sculpt). It's not really viable to create a proxy conversion using a different manufacturer model as the foundation, considering 2/3 of the final product needs to be Wyrd/original.

Edited by Hatchethead