Colodi crew + Zorida

CannonFodder

Well I'm beginning to go threw Malifaux withdraw, and want to grab a new box... already have too many(see sig). I was hoping to wait until gencon and grab Kaeris box, but its coming out next sept and I can't wait that long.

I'm looking at Colodi, which will be my fist neverborn crew, and realize its not big enough for a self sufficient list. I'm looking at the following.

Zorida (single)

Voodoo doll

Colodi Box

Stitched box (2)

Another blister of wicked dolls. (total of 6 including box)

Doppelganger. ( I know not in theme but I like it.)

Now I lent my first book to a friend of mine and can't validate all the spells of Zorida. Is there any essential models for her, I don't see any here other than voodoo doll. And I don't recall any big benefit from Slurid and Bad Juju other than being decent models.

Basic strategy is to have Colodi and Marionettes stall out the turn, have either Zorida or Doppelganger (after it copies Puppet master , and crow spell) move forward towards a target, then the Wicket dolls do their (0) and move within 2 inches of a puppet master or Zorida, then go medieval on the target. Next turn after the Doppleganger or Zorida moves away, you wicket dolls attack and then use (0) to move back to Colodi or Zorida. Or can charge, then (0) to a safe zone. This way I use virtually no AP for movements. The stitched together are there because they have some mean tricks which are great for strategies, plus if you fill them with rocks (Colodi spell) I think they are fairly mean.

If I need more diversity, I can always dabble my other figs in with Zorida Wp<=4 ability. Unfortunately I can't use my good gremlins because they are spec forces, with the dolls. I may use more Wicked dolls, but I think 6 is a decent start.

Has anyone played Colodi, and can you give me more insight on him?

This is my Mrs Z and the dolls 35ss list. It doesn't leave any extra soul stones but I have had minor success which has been down to me and not the list I think.

Zoraida

Collodi

Primordial Magic

Insidious Madness

Marionette

Marionette

Marionette

Marionette

Stitched Together

Stitched Together

Wicked Doll

The Primordial is linked to Collodi as it gives you both suits for dismantle. The Insidious madness is there for the immune to influence and stubborn models. Don't forget the marionettes also have a (0) action that removes the ability to cheat and use soul stones for the next strike very useful when up against masters. I had thought about swapping something for the doppie as the mimic Mrs Z willpower and then using the stitched together gamble your live is deadly.