New Player - Slow Grow Lilith

bakaryu

Hi everyone, though I've been registered for quite some time my group has never really gotten into Malifaux with the big emphasis being on Hordes/Warmachine.

We do however have several people that are fans of the game (myself included) and we have decided to kick off a low grow league beginning in September starting at 25ss.

I have opted to go with Lilith as my Master and am looking at the current list, hoping for a bit of feedback from the more experienced players about how well it will perform.

Lilith (4ss cache)

> Cherub

Nekima

Lilitu

Terror Tot

Am I correct in my reading of the rules that as a Nephilim, I can sacrifice the Cherub (and use Blood from Stone on my 4ss cache) to turn him into a Lelu?

My opening turn's planning is (if I can get a 12 or higher on the casting roll by cheating fate) to use Blood from Stone to turn the 4ss into 2 blood counters, sacrifice the Cherub to summon a Lelu while Nekima uses Blood Offering to grow the Terror Tot into a Young Nephilim.

If what I think I can do is correct, this should help me set up a powerful board presence with effectively 33ss worth of models (plus Lilith).

Lillith is a solid master and her crew has lots of potential. Re your list, if you're going that route, read up on blood factory lists. Having said that, Nekima in a 25ss is very, very risky and I'd highly recommend you think again about it.

I know you're all new so it may be okay for you guys, but there's a lot of 25ss lists I can think of that would absolutely eat that list purely because you've got nekima taking up 14ss (esp in relation to strategies and schemes) - perhaps you can add her in later?

Well I don't want to go full on into the grow factory, I want the list to be able to approach several different angles of approach and from what I've seen this list seems to be able to give that (as opposed to the primarily melee oriented grow factory).

Lilitu's seem to be just plain nuts, with Nekima giving the second mask 6 Lures a turn with a free strike when the enemy ends the walk in her melee range? :)

Nekima in a small game really is very risky as the above poster said. Also, with your list, after the first grow, all your blood counters are basically wasted so you can't do any mid-game growing.

I wouldn't recommend fielding any kind of Lilith list without at least one extra tot kicking around to use up late game blood counters that you get from opponents.

Hi everyone, though I've been registered for quite some time my group has never really gotten into Malifaux with the big emphasis being on Hordes/Warmachine.

We do however have several people that are fans of the game (myself included) and we have decided to kick off a low grow league beginning in September starting at 25ss.

I have opted to go with Lilith as my Master and am looking at the current list, hoping for a bit of feedback from the more experienced players about how well it will perform.

Lilith (4ss cache)

> Cherub

Nekima

Lilitu

Terror Tot

Am I correct in my reading of the rules that as a Nephilim, I can sacrifice the Cherub (and use Blood from Stone on my 4ss cache) to turn him into a Lelu?

My opening turn's planning is (if I can get a 12 or higher on the casting roll by cheating fate) to use Blood from Stone to turn the 4ss into 2 blood counters, sacrifice the Cherub to summon a Lelu while Nekima uses Blood Offering to grow the Terror Tot into a Young Nephilim.

If what I think I can do is correct, this should help me set up a powerful board presence with effectively 33ss worth of models (plus Lilith).

...This plan is a little wonky. If Lilith kills the Cherub herself, she can use Drain Blood to get a counter. Have Nekima within 3" and she'll get a counter from blood sense, then have Nekima use Blood Offering. Then at the start closing phase Lilitu heals Nekima for 2 of the 4 wounds.

This way you aren't losing all of your Soul Stones (in fact you won't use any), but if this is the rout your taking the Desperate Mercenary is much better than the Cherub since Nekima can activate first and use blood offering, then the merc can throw an extra healing flip in the mix to get Nekima closer to full health or at full health in preperation for turn 2.

The only thing I dislike is that trying to mix a grow list and a Lilitu at low points doesn't work as well. Nekima needs to be close and activate first to buff, so if you're using the Lilitu to maximum effect, you aren't using Nekima and with only one Lilitu, it's not really worth it to sacrifice the effectiveness of a 13ss model for a 7ss model. This is why grow lists are at their strongest when it's just tots growing because beyond first turn Nekima can just wandering around killing things or drawing attention away from the other Nephs.

On top of that usually the big reason for grow is to allow you to put a Shaman and Nekima in at lower points. Both models help immensely with a grow list, but they're also solid in their own right and getting both with some Mature/Young Nephs for face beating can get pretty brutal between Blood Magic and Blood Frenzy.