Lilith as Malifaux start?!

The Horrorshow

Hi,

i was thinking of starting Malifaux for a long time and now i finally found the time to get myself into it. I bought myself a fate deck, the Rules Manual and the Lilith box Set. I tought about her and came up with a List that uses the Box as a base:

Lilith, Mother of Monsters

2X Terror Tot 6ss

2X Young Nephilim 12ss

1X Black Bloodshaman 6ss

Total: 24 ss

I liked the way a grow List works but i liked the idea of a List focusing on the Hitingpower of Lilith with some buffing from the Black Bloodshaman to get her in the Face of the enemy Master. ok the Nephilim will grow a little bit but for the first games why not...... If some one has suggestions to this or has to say me that i builded a grow list without knowing it please feel free to say it and correct me. I will swap the Shaman for a Nekima on 35 ss, then i think i got allmost on the best way to a not grow List. i made this List out of models i have and those who look cool to me(dont like Lelu and the other guy......). So i hope for fast reply and thanks for you´re response.

The Horrorshow

I suspect that the way you will know whether or not you have a "cheap" grow list, is by whether or not you include Desperate Mercenaries in your list. Their inclusion, and subsequent face-eating to generate blood tokens, seems to be the bone of contention that people have issues with.

Nephilim are designed to grow, so don't avoid doing it, do it whenever you can!

Hi Horrorshow, welcome to Malifaux, and the Forums. Lilith is a good start, as she is relatively straight forward and therefore easy to learn. One thing with your list, though, why not drop the two young nephilim for a Mature Nephilim? You then get two more soul stones to use with Lilith, the better to keep her alive when she is in combat.

The reasons I give for dropping the Young Nephilim are that you will grow into the Young nephilim fairly easily, and the Mature Nephilim grants a large amount of mobility to the shaman, through the combo of Carry and the shaman's ability that lets carry be a (1) action instead of a (2) action.

Edited by bucket_boy101
Formatting

Hi Horrorshow, welcome to Malifaux, and the Forums. Lilith is a good start, as she is relatively straight forward and therefore easy to learn. One thing with your list, though, why not drop the two young nephilim for a Mature Nephilim? You then get two more soul stones to use with Lilith, the better to keep her alive when she is in combat. The reasons I give for dropping the Young Nephilim are that you will grow into the Young nephilim fairly easily, and the Mature Nephilim grants a large amount of mobility to the shaman, through the combo of Carry and the

shaman's ability that lets carry be a (1) action instead of a (2) action.

Very good advice :)

I would add a Lelu and Lelitu as well. Lelitu is great for pulling models towards her so the rest of your crew can pull them apart. Lelu is another beat stick. 1 more ss than a young but with paired claws, poison, 2 wounds on non neverborn within 2" in the closing phase and regen 2.

Welcome to Neverborn! Lilith is exactly as you've heard, a great straight forward master with a depth and level of play many people miss. But I am very glad you are not building a grow/blood factory list... you are truthfully best to avoid them.

Looking at your list you have a very solid list there for 25ss, but with your stated theme of making it more about Lilith herself doing the work you really want to include a totem (your choice which one, see the Tactica link in my sig a long discussion of the pro's and cons of each). But the major point of it is, you can then Transposition Lilith. Because of reword in the Rules Manual, Lilith sadly can't transposition herself any more. So you need someone else to target her for it, ie your totem. This greatly increases your manuverability and can give you an escape plan which you will want.

But to free up those points, it looks like the best method is to drop the dual Young Nephs for a Mature Nephilim (which gives you the carry advantages Bucket_Boy spoke of) and frees up 2ss you can use for your totem. You then use your Tots as fodder for the Transposition Fodder and once they Grow (since the BB Shaman should hopefully be up close and gathering lots of blood) you have some more nasty fighters to make use of. So:

Lilith

Terror Tot x2 -6ss

Mature Neph -10ss

BB Shaman -6ss

Totem -2ss

-----Total: 24ss

It's a shame you don't like the Twins (lelu and Lilitu) but you can easily push on without them if you so desire. The beuty of the Nephilim right now is that each of their models is useful in its own way and the types of lists you can build are rather diverse. So if you want to focus on making Lilith the star, this is not a bad way to go about it. Transposition will be your key with this idea in mind as you can accomplish a lot with just this 1 spell.

Edited by karn987

Oh that was faster than i thought. O.o I think the List you have posted sounds cool and i will field this List. Can someone tell me how the Combination with the BBS and the Mature works? I have a second question: Lilith she has fast movement +1 (or something like that) i understood it that i have with Lilith 3AP all the Time. Is that right? Thanks

The Horrshow

TBH without Nekima it's a bit spotty to call it a "grow" list at all. 9+'s of masks don't exactly come on demand and transposition is an important spell that also needs that card. Generally, grow lists do focus on hitting power, they just bring more to the table.

There really isn't a combo per-se, the shaman just makes the carry spell cost less when he's the target, so a Mature Neph can carry him and only burn the 1AP it would normally from walking.

Yes Lilith always has 3AP unless she gets slowed. Toss in Wk 6 and Master of Malifaux and she pretty much goes wherever she wants to...with a greatsword.

Making Lilith the star is a very feasible idea. I once played in a brawl with Lilith + Seamus (not RM legal, but still fun!) against Zoraida and Pandora, and Lilith was definitely the MVP that game. She used Whirling Death and took out 3 Silurids and Bad JuJu at the same time :P

Thats why i took Neverborne i like all of there Masters(Zoraida just becuase of her play stile...) and i will start Pandora or the Dreamer i´am not sure which one of these two will be the next but they will be mine muhahahahahahaha^^. Thats something i like about Malifaux (or i understood it like that) with every Master you have you get another totaly different playstyle or at least a great difference to another Master. The Neverborne are blessed in this regard i think because of the great differances between there Masters and there Crews.

The Horrorshow

I will probably alienate myself by saying this, but... I would suggest keeping two young nephilim instead of a mature. It's just my personal preference. I like the young more for the cost than I do the mature. You get almost all of the advantages the mature offers, and the possiblility of growing them into mature later in the game.

• 3 weeks later...