Why would you start playing with Puppets again?

Brence

So Ladies and Gentlesaurs,

Just to put in the first stitches, what does attract you to what is to become Puppet Wars?

Tell me your reasons, hopes, dreams and oh yeah...also some stuff on what you like about Puppet Wars so far.

I for one are attracted by the fact that the mini's look awesome AND its a boardgame hybrid. It will appeal to my Boardgaming friends while still seemingly having a certain depth that is found in the Miniature gaming reportoire.

Who'z next?

• 2 weeks later...

My main reasons for getting interested in Puppet Wars was the fact that the interesting Malifaux system had been adapted to a board. I hate all the painting of hundreds of figures, the time spent on terrain, which hardly has an effect except blocking, rolling scores of dice many times over for each result, and the innacuracies of measuring. Therefore, my only sojorn into miniature battles has been Battles of Westeros and Earth Reborn. Both played on boards. When I received an e-mail about Puppet Wars - thanks Wyrd! - I thought I could get hooked. I mentioned in a previous thread about a great animation film called '9'. It was about 'puppets/dolls' which had been given the souls of humans lost after an apopaclyptic destruction. It was great stuff - no pun intended - and I thought at the time it would make a great game setting. I wonder if Wyrd thought so too. Anyway, that was my interest and I shall be watching its progress closely until its release. September? Cheers!

I got heavy into boardgame this last year, but prefer the "ameritrash", "brain burners".

The theme, tone and atmosphere of Malifuax is highly attractive to me and if that is carried over to a boardgame then right on. So, as long as there is high replay value, room for player-based extensions then it will be worth the price.

ooh! ooh! me! me!!! pick me!!!

well the fact that im a neverborn player is on of the perks of the puppets for Old Lady Z and Collodi :). I mean who needs any other reason :puppet

ok also that you can get some boardgamers into the world of Malifaux as well....consider puppet wars as the gateway soulstone into bigger meaner stuff on the other side of the breach!!!! :stitched

I'm going to make up puppet size terrain, so I can finally chase my kids zuzu pets around a table under unstitch them.

After getting some whitewash city files, I decided I'll make up some full size buildings for my crews and some mini buildings for the puppets, just another way to play malifaux. I can't wait to try making a puppet hanging tree. I might have to hang a smurf from, it for effect only of course.

I'm going to make up puppet size terrain, so I can finally chase my kids zuzu pets around a table under unstitch them.

After getting some whitewash city files, I decided I'll make up some full size buildings for my crews and some mini buildings for the puppets, just another way to play malifaux. I can't wait to try making a puppet hanging tree. I might have to hang a smurf from, it for effect only of course.

You have no idea how appropriate this is. My LGS just got this in:

Smurfs_TagAThon_Game.jpg

Multiple Reasons:

The fluff is awesome

My Stepdaughter and Girlfriend prefer board-type mini games where free measure is not a necessity

The card system is amazing but my gf and I do not always have time for a full Malifaux match, and it is a bit too taxing for my stepdaughter at her age.

I will have a lot of friends to play it with as well (board game, fast game time appeal)

finally minis my whole family will enjoy painting

the art work is so wonderful my girlfriend is probably going to get the hooded-rider hobbyhorse tattoo on her back.

Nuff Said!!!

To be honest, I've only been playing Malifaux for about a month and a half, so I'm trying to steer clear at the moment, while I wrap my head (and wallet - I got bitten by the Malifaux bug big time) around this game.

Having said that, a mate is ordering Puppet Wars and all the extras at Gen Con, so when they get here, I'll probably get hooked then. I do like some of the puppets, but it seems at the moment you can only buy the packs - I'm holding off for now. Time will tell how long that lasts.