Got Leveticus, What Next?

Joasht

Yeah, while I am certainly going to give the horses list a shot, if he can only really summon in 1 per game, I don't see that being competitive.

Leveticus has far more survive-ability and offense then any of the current Riders.

That being said, may just keep it as an ace up the sleeve in case you think you will be dealing with Austringers. Much harder to drop the Hooded or Dead Rider with some silly birds.

Plus, Ashes and Dust.

I'm thinking they surely gave him some gimmick/mechanic that makes him better than "just another rider", I recall someone saying that he gains an ability or something for every rider in play, maybe the whole idea is to just buff him to unholy proportions and send him in.

Either way, what did Leveticus get in the latest book? Its fairly exciting given that he should, in theory, get several models for himself every book...

I was going to try it the moment Collodi came out, but I was so put off by the sculpts for his models that I didn't even buy him. Maybe if the Widow Weaver looks like the art and not some stiff, blocky turd with sausage fingers, I'll actually suck it up and buy him just for the tactical value, lol.

As for a rider list. I think it's great and all, but I really think that those lists and his avatar are going to be highly situational...gotta have a second and third avatar-less options to fall back on, lol.

EDIT: On the subject of rider lists. They seem situational, as I said, but think about a tournament where you have a 55ss pool per faction or something. 35ss of that would be riders. I mean I guess there's summoning one and such, but still, it's quite an investment for something you're not going to want to use in every game.

I'm thinking they surely gave him some gimmick/mechanic that makes him better than "just another rider", I recall someone saying that he gains an ability or something for every rider in play, maybe the whole idea is to just buff him to unholy proportions and send him in.

Either way, what did Leveticus get in the latest book? Its fairly exciting given that he should, in theory, get several models for himself every book...

IIRC, nothing this book. At least, nothing exclusive to him.

I'll start up a separate thread to discuss Levi's Avatar specifically (unless someone else already has), rather than clog up Joasht's thread here too much.

And yeah, Lazarus is going to be awesome for Levi, IMO. I like him a lot better than Ryle, personally. More survivable with Assimilate and Self-Repair. His armor +1 isn't terribly awesome, but you can Assimilate stuff like Hard to Wound, or Keep Pace, or other crazy stuff like that.

I'll start up a separate thread to discuss Levi's Avatar specifically (unless someone else already has), rather than clog up Joasht's thread here too much.

And yeah, Lazarus is going to be awesome for Levi, IMO. I like him a lot better than Ryle, personally. More survivable with Assimilate and Self-Repair. His armor +1 isn't terribly awesome, but you can Assimilate stuff like Hard to Wound, or Keep Pace, or other crazy stuff like that.

You sorta read my mind Lobo... was half way through a starter post for an A. Levy thread >.>

Well there is one now!

@Lazarus: With Leveticus this guy is going to rock. Some AE's with Levy is just what the doctor ordered never mind how much of a badass he is. I'm with a lot of people in thinking this will push Ryle out of my list though there is something to be said for both of the min the same list... that's a lot of ranged power...especially with Alyce along for the ride.