Question on Mixing Mercs

ArcticFox

Hey guys,

As I understand it, you can mix mercenary models into your crews. My understanding is that includes masters.

My question: Is there any reason I couldn't have, say, the Viktorias running a Resurrectionist crew? (Assuming there were some tactical advantage to doing it?)

Page 71 of the manual:

Leaders

- In a Scrap, the player must choose one Master or a Henchman belonging to the chosen factions as the Crew's leader.

- In a Brawl, blablabla... At least one of those must belong to the player's chosen Faction, ...

So you can't do it in Scraps and must include another Master aswell when doing it in Brawls.

OK thank you. I don't have my book with me and I'm sure my next question is probably on that same page, but I understand also that one can include models from other non-merc factions by paying twice the SS cost. Is that so? And how would that work with Masters, who don't have a SS cost per se?

OK thank you. I don't have my book with me and I'm sure my next question is probably on that same page, but I understand also that one can include models from other non-merc factions by paying twice the SS cost. Is that so? And how would that work with Masters, who don't have a SS cost per se?

No that is very wrong.

You select one Master (or Henchman) in a Scrap and one or two Masters in a Brawl.

You can include:

1 - Models from your chosen Faction.

2 - Models that can join other models already chosen (Marcus can for instance bring Beasts from any faction and Hamelin the Ratcather lets you take a Ht1 Model from any Faction ect.).

3 - Up to two Mercenaries (from any faction, there is no 'Mercenary Faction', not all Outcasts are Mercenaries and not all Mercenaries are Outcasts).

Unless otherwise specified models from out of Faction costs +1 SS, not double.'

Edit:

There's a PDF of the manual to be found on the left by the way.

Ah, thanks very much for the clarification and for pointing out the PDF. I appreciate your patience :)

I picked up the Viktorias yesterday because my decision on what faction to play is in a 3 way tie between Outcasts, Arcanists and Resurrectionists, and I'm leaning toward Resurrectionists but figured the Viktorias would be a safe bet in any case since they're usable anywhere in a big enough crew.

Whilst you might not use the Vics themselves in your other crews (soem areas seem to avoid brawls others love them depends on who you play i guess), the models that come with them are fairly useful. Johan sees much more use for me in Arcanist crews than he ever has in Outcast. Taelor is a good big hitter and Bishop is very versitile (although some think he is too expensive for his versitility).

Whilst you might not use the Vics themselves in your other crews (soem areas seem to avoid brawls others love them depends on who you play i guess), the models that come with them are fairly useful. Johan sees much more use for me in Arcanist crews than he ever has in Outcast. Taelor is a good big hitter and Bishop is very versitile (although some think he is too expensive for his versitility).

Yeah unfortunately I bought the individual blisters, not the starter box. My thinking was that I'd buy the starter box for whatever faction I settle on.

Unfortunately for me, my wife has Lady Justice... so if I go ahead with the Resurrectionists I'm going to have a tough time against her...

Well that depends on the ressurectionist you pick.

Nicodem normally has a high relance on the corpse counters that Lady Justice gets rid of, but McMorning and Seamus are much less dependant on them. And Karai doesn't use them at all.

It will mean you'll learn to maximise what you have, and when you start facing other crews you'll be overjoyed at the abundance of counters.