Newbie and Mcmourning

You will have to excuse my basics but have just bought the models, books and those flat dice type things... oh yeah, cards, but havent played a game as of yet.

I bought the Mcmourning box set plus maneged to aquire some other suitable models but would appreciate some advice on which would be best together and why.

I have Bette, canines and necro punks, plus crooked men and samurai zombies.

I see Bette only has 4 wounds while other models have much more, so is she not so good?

don't judge models on their wounds,

bete is one of those models that is extremely hard to kill, and she is "only" a minion, even with only 4 wounds, she is very hard to pin down in combat, and in melee she is a monster!

but don't waste her, if you throw her in front of a crew, she will die, but if you use her at the right moment, she can be very turn th ride for you,

canines are decent and the punk zombies are very good, but they are walking target for an ortega crew,

It always depends on the strategies and the schemes that you want... But most of the time you want to field those samuriazombies (beatsticks), 1 or 2 belles (just awesome...) some 1 or 2 necropunks, dogs (mobility/bodycounters) and perhapse bette (but she is tricky and a monster when used right...)

I'm still not sure what to think of the nurses; but never field more then 1... The fleshconstruct should be summond by Mc Mourning so don't start with him.

I wish I could be of bigger help but I don't have my book with me...

thats ok, you can borrow my book :)

Big Mc and Sebastian seem to be quite good, plus the models are awesome. I dont like the nurses, but not having played a game yet thats unfair I suppose.

I must admit previous game systems I have played were usually determined by my like of the models even if they didnt play well. If I like them I will get around to painting quicker and stick with them when things dont go well.

I like randomness, I play to win but have just as much fun losing provided I can have a laugh on the way, after all its only a game.

Thats why I used to play skaven and orks in 'that' other comapanies games, just because I would often kill as much of my own as I did my opponents.

Warlock a good tactic is dog bombs. You furious cast a nurse on the dog and I next it with everything, then the dog runs up and kills something. Reactivates and does it again. That or carve up one or two with mcmorning and have the others run up and die pick up the corpse counters and bam, more body part counters.

There are alot of things the dogs are good for, you are just gonna have to find the playstyle that fits you. :)

Dogs are also gerat for grabbing objectives as a pair since they are not insignificant when in close proximity to another dog.

You can also get a pretty effective alpha strike going on with sebastian where he can companion a dog and then all other dogs nearby activate simultaneously too.

They run good interference giving -2Df if you get 2+ into combat with something.

As Iamwyrd said there are a lot of good uses for them it just depends on what you like. The nurse bomb that he mentioned above is a solid tatcic too.

I generally use 1 or 2 of them to act as scalpel slinging targets for McMourning as well. I generally run 4-5 dogs as well just to help with giving an actiavtion advantage which is another valid use for them.