What to buy to start with Lilith?

david_s

Hi All,

So, I've been playing malifaux for a few months now, and have been loving every minute of it. I've been playing as the Lacroix kin which has been a blast and I have a good base crew for them. I was thinking of getting another crew so that I can encourage people to join the fun. Lilith looks like a pretty fun crew with some awesome models, I was wondering what models would be good to start with. Obviously the box is a good plan but what other blisters would be best. Also, whats the deal with these avatar forms that I have heard about, are they just alternative models for the figures or do they have different abilities? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Malifaux David! With a Lilith crew, your first blister purchase should be a pack of Young Nephilim, as the starter box doesn't come with any. After that, everything else is to your taste.

Some people only have a minimal number of Young/Terror Tot models and prefer to grow them to Matures as fast as possible. Some prefer lots of Young and Terror Tots, and then of course you have the Nephilim choices from Rising Powers (Lelu, Lillitu, Black Blood Shaman, Nekima). I'd recommend all four of the Rising Power models at some point, as they all add great versatility to a Lilith crew.

Finally a totem choice (if you choose to take one). I personally love taking Primordial Magic with Lilith, since with her Rush of Magic and his Arcane Resevoir, that means you'll be drawing 2 above the max hand size for growing/melee attack fun.

Edited by Allidor

Welcome, fellow Mother of Monsters fan! :)

I started with the box set and added a Cherub, Young Nephilims and Waldgeists. I've found that's quite effective for a "run in and beat them up" type tactic. Some of the Rising Powers models will give a bit more variety.

Have you looked at the Malifaux Tactica?

... Primordial Magic with Lilith, since with her Rush of Magic and his Arcane Resevoir, that means you'll be drawing 2 above the max hand size for growing/melee attack fun.

Drawing two, but discarding one - hopefully. :)

I started with the box set and added a Cherub, Young Nephilims and Waldgeists. I've found that's quite effective for a "run in and beat them up" type tactic. Some of the Rising Powers models will give a bit more variety.

Those Waldgeists can really play havoc with the other persons plans... Mister Q showed me that one!

I'd always recommend the twins so Lelu & Lilitu are almost a must in every crew!

I agree with everything above, I guess....as I'm sorta new to Lilith as well.

But to answer your avatar question, in the book two fluff, a purple wave of energy scoured across all of malifaux affecting some of the masters, thus making them super sayin. So avatars are upgraded versions of masters, but there isn't any news on them yet. Hopefully book 3 will shine some light on the situation.

Looks like this is already very well covered :)

• Box Set + 2 Young Neph Models (1 blister).
  • Totem of your choice (see tactica entry for discussion about this if you wish)
  • Book 2 Nephilim of your choice, really varies with style.

So I'll simply say, welcome to Neverborn and to the awesome sauce that is Lilith. Please feel free to ask any and all questions you may have, we sorta subsist on them ;) Read the Tactica info on her and hopefully that will also form how you want to play her.

Otherwise, have fun!

Book 2 Nephilim of your choice:

I would recomend the twins over Nekima. In my experience the twins have been much more valuable than Nekima, and the pair only costs one point more than Nekima does. I have 2 sets of the twins and Nekima, but I use the twins much more often than Nekima.

I would second the use of waldgeists because they are a lot of fun to use when there are forests on the board. They are more survivable than most of the Nephilim with Armor 2. They are good defensive models for some strategies and schemes.

Edited by micahwc
Waldgeists

Have you looked at the Malifaux Tactica?

Drawing two, but discarding one - hopefully. :)

Of course >_< my mistake for excluding the discard. It's still wonderful to take two above total and discard one that you don't want.