Nix, the Bull Terrier

Rat-Catcher

Rat-Catcher

Canine Remains

Canine Remains

Canine Remains

Canine Remains

What do you think?

Honestly, not the most effective list mate. You don't need two rat catchers in a 30ss list (you don't need 2x in a 35ss game tbh) and like Necromorph says you need rats to give your RCs armour.

I'd be tempted to try -

Hamelin with 5ss

Nix

Rat Catcher

Rat

Rat

Canine Remains

Canine Remains (use the CR alongside Hamelin)

Obedient Wretch

Terror Tot (grow in turn 1 or 2 by killing your own rats)

That will hit like a hammer.

Edited by magicpockets

How BigGreen was using it was by using a The Stolen (or w/e the souless malifaux child is) and then sacrificing it the same turn. Stolen turns into a rat and Hamelin makes a rat.

I think you've got it slightly wrong, when you sac a stolen you get 1 rat due to the stolen's ability, but you don't get another from Hamelin as it's when a model is killed within 6 inches.

Even if you did (or say you kill the stolen rather than sacrificing it), Voracious Rats says no other models may be summoned so you'd get one rat from Hamelin but none from the Stolen.

Hope that helps. MP

Edited by magicpockets

• 2 weeks later...
I think I am missing something here, but why take Canine Remains rather than rats?

Better models alongside Hamelin (imo), better activation control, hard to wound, they cost the same as rats, they turn into rats anyways. I posted a much longer description in another Hamelin thread somewhere....

But remember you ALWAYS need 2x rats with your Rat Catchers from the start - never count on getting them in game.

Edited by magicpockets