New Ramos player

Stonedog-7

Hi, I'm new to playing malifaux and even though i'm seriously considering other masters as well Ramos is a figure that caught my eye when i first looked at the system and will likely be an early purchase regardless of anything else so i thought i'd ask a few questions

Considering the other local players are starting with Justice, Perdita, Lilith and Marcus how hard a time might Ramos have against these mostly fast melee orientated masters as he's more of a back field summoner? Am i likely to find myself on the back foot early or with being able to summon more spiders am i likely to be able to hold my own and force opponents into an atrition game againt recycling forces?

Aside from the box set, the electrical creation and a mobile toolkit which seems to form the core of many Ramos crews on here are there any other options that should be seen as pretty much a must have for a starting Ramos player?

Thanks

The others have listed the common additions, but you'll definitely want more Arachinds, depending on how well you are able to do some modular basing (i.e. magnets).

As for the crews you'll be up against....You should do fairly well. Perdita may be the toughest, since her crew is much more about ranged attacks. But in general, even a melee based crew will often take 3 rounds or so to get all the way across the table and get to Ramos. Plus, they should ALWAYS be trying to kill Ramos, they should be working to complete whatever Strategy they flipped. ;) But I typically have plenty of time to summon 3 Arachnids, and still utilize Ramos in some Electrical Fire combat throughout a game.

Be sure to check out the Malifaux Tactica Wiki. There's lots of good info about Ramos on there: pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com