Which Duels Can You Choose to Lose?

Hansel

Question

I know you can choose to tie (therefore lose) a Casting Duel, but I'm fuzzy right now on this and can't find the rule in my Rules Manual.

Can I choose to lose a Wp-->Wp Duel, say if I had Pine Boxed my own model and wanted him to pop out? Or do I simply have to cheat low if my model wins the Duel against my Death Marshal?

5 answers to this question

The onyl duel you can modify without playing cards from your hand is the casting duel of a resist spell on a friendly model, and then you get a tie result.

Note though that the Wp duel for escaping a Pine Box is optional ("During each Closing Phase, target may make a Wp -> Wp duel...").

The onyl duel you can modify without playing cards from your hand is the casting duel of a resist spell on a friendly model, and then you get a tie result.

Note though that the Wp duel for escaping a Pine Box is optional ("During each Closing Phase, target may make a Wp -> Wp duel...").

Do you have a Rules Manual page reference? I totally believe you, I just am having the damndest time finding it!

What about attack duels? When my malifaux raptors come, I want to get guaranteed hits on my non-beasts to have them become beasts. (Pretty sure you can auto-hit at a tie, but verification? I don't have the manual. Thanks!).

Eh.. No, you can't do that.. Only Resist Duels..