Knoerzer's Guild Crew (in the right thread)

knoerzer

Some of you guys may have seen this already I posted it in the wrong thread sorry! Hey guys, finally finished my crew. I know I am not the best painter but I took my time on these guys, so I think I did a better job than I normally do. But please do give me your thoughts! I would like to become a better painter so whatever you guys see wrong from the picture please tell me! Thanks guys!

DSC03561.jpg

DSC03563-1.jpg

DSC03562-1.jpg

DSC03566-1.jpg

DSC03564-1.jpg

DSC03565-1.jpg

The silver boots are unusual I gotta say. not neccessarily bad,just...odd. lol. Also,you might consider going back and doing a little bit of shading and highlighting. the colors look one dimensional at the moment and a little bit of shadow and light can really bring them together very nicely.

A very good start,but that is what i think you should focus on next.

It looks neat and i like the color choices , except for the silver boots . There are a bunch of online guides to teach highlighting and the such . but an easy method is to pick up washes , by adding a thin layer of washes can add a lot of depth to a model .

but so far so good , most of painting comes from just practice , getting used to holding a brush ext.. , painting with other painters is also a great way to pick up new tips and to learn new techniques .

Your painting is nice and clean but I think you need to learn to build colours up which in turn will give you more depth.

Generally speaking start of with a colour which is darker than you want the final colour to be and mix them together to gradually get lighter tones and therefore your colours more depth.

Also try using some washes as they will also add depth to your colours.

Try some GW Badab Black on your silver boots to tone them down a bit.

Its also a personal choice but I wouldn't use a varnish on a model as it gives it a shiny look - but as I said thats personal.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Mbbelius

I sort of like the bleach blond gogo boot wearing Lady Justice. She is Disco fabulous..."If you think I'm sexy, and you want my body, com'on baby let me know".

Agree though that a wash might be a good way to go. Recommend GW Gryphonne Sepia for the Reds and Blond Hair, and GW Badab Black for the Silver (I honestly do like the Silver Boots).