Self Loathing vs Jack Daw

Mike3838

I wanted to check I'd read this right:

Self loathing is a spell which causes a damage flip using the damage profile of the target. It doesn't call for the target to make a Strike against themself.

So, this works on Jack Daw right? It's a spell so he isn't immune, and he has to discard a card each time it is successfully cast on him?

Cheers!

Mike

I don't think he'd take the wound from his hit. The spell is making him hit himself, but the actual weapon he's using to hit himself is not magical, hence it wouldn't affect him. He would have to discard a card for hitting himself though. He would ignore the damage from the hit but not other effects.

The Casting/Resist duel has no effect on the damage flip. If the spell is successful, it's a single damage flip with the weapon with a :-fate on it. If the weapon has any special rules attached to it they still work. So if it was a greatsword (has a +fate on damage) it would be a straight damage flip. In Jack Daws case his weapon isn't magical so he wouldn't have to discard a card for taking damage but he would have to discard a card for the Suppressed Memory for it's special rule.

Edited by WEiRD sKeTCH

Yea unfortunately I had to face Jack twice at the weekend. I did manage to scare him off in one game, and paralyse him in another, but both times he was recovered and right back in my face before long.

That being said, I think I under-used Mental Anguish. Not next time though :D

Mike