Thoughts on Punk Zombies with McMourning

taozenrat

Fair point sir, i shouldn't say never, just generally seems worth significantly less than the soulstone. Like you say though, there are always options. Either way the more i look at the PZ the more i like em lol, paired weapons w/ 7 cb.... 11 if you nurse boost them - double nurse for cb 11 +2wk/ch and reactivate, you can kill lots of stuff with that's i'd reckon.

It seems the common philosophy of this thread differs from mine, when I have used Dr. Doug, I burn 5ss for body parts and start with a cache of 6-7ss. Yes, usually on turn one I will gut a dog with dissect, but its a 50-50 shot that I take a Flesh Construct, more because of the math involved. With 5 body parts they can be summoned, so my thoughts are, worst case scenario: the cost to build one is a high crow or one soulstone and a 6-9 crow, and 5 Bp counters for an effective total of 6ss. It just seems like a better deal than paying the 7ss and chucking cards for the construct to activate early on. But I have more experience with Nicodem and therefore I like options, also I prefer having the necessary resources to give the Doc an extra AP every activation.

There are always exceptions, last night I played a friend in a 35ss scrap, who was running Sonnia, the Judge, 2 Death Marshalls, an Austringer, and Samael, and I didn't use any of the "always do turn 1" tactics I mentioned before. My crew was a Necro-Punk, 2 Belles, 1 Crooked Man, 4 dead puppies, Sebastian, the chihuahua, and 5ss traded for Bp. Most of my crew was flaming bits of Alpo by the end of the first turn, but correct me if Im wrong, after summoning a Rogue Necromancy turn 2, to within 6 inches of McMourning, it was in melee range with Sonnia and had 8 wounds left, when it activated, it killed her with its 3 attacks, because my opponent had overextended.

Apparently I just have a very different philosophy, its worked for now, but Im more than eager to hear some feedback on it.

Now after learning all of the changes since I played last I generally in 35ss will have a 7-8ss cache with McM and use one of those for a body part. I'll use chihuahua to wracked in pain a dog and then give the body part to the doc, then McM will wracked the chihuahua and hopefully hit the free melee trigger and finish it off, then turn and finish off the other dog with another melee attack and summon the Rogue Necromancy if hand allows while still having the 1 body part extra McM needs to be fast if he doesn't hit the trigger on wracked on the chihuahua.

My favorite 35ss list is:

McMourning

Chihuahua

4x Dogs

2x Belles

2x Crooked Man

Bete Noire

That leaves me with a 7ss cache and I use one of those for a body part counter so I'll have 6ss to use in the game. Packs a lot of punch and has some tricks to do, if I can't pull off a turn 1 Rogue Necromancy or Flesh Construct I won't bother butchering up the totem and a dog and just advance them up the field to do it on a later turn.

You'll need two dogs to summon a flesh construct. Five Body Parts for the construct, and the max you're getting from a dog is 3. That's either 2 for the corpse and 1 from A Piece for Me, or 3 from Dissection.

I can get 4 body parts out of a dog normally.

If you play Bete then Punk Zeds can be nice. Charge into melee range of a pair of targets, slice one up, get killed and trigger Slow to Die to do more damage then spawn Bete in there and trigger Flurry to finish off the second model.

Took out a Gunslinger and Kaeris with that in one of my warm up games for Deliverance :)

I like them with McMourning and Nurse, they give him something that can reliably bring the pain to the high Df crews I regularly face, plus they can do spell damage which is nice against spirits.

Really need to get mine painted so they can see the table at tournaments...