Demo Help

Howdy folks,

I'm looking to run a Malifaux demo tonight for a couple friends and was looking for a few pointers. I have a wide selection of crews at my disposal, which ones do you recommend for first timers? Also, I really want to highlight the strategy/scheme system (one of my big selling points to PP vets), are there any that you guys might have found most effective when teaching new players?

I really appreciate any input you might have, 'cuz if this pans out I'm looking at a bunch more demos for potential players in the near future. I'm tellin' ya, Wyrd is blowin up!

Lilith vs Perdita is of course the standard, easy to pick up and go. I've had great success with Zoraida vs Rasputina with a shared claim jump strategy; it's very fun, and usually end in a draw. I don't generally use schemes the first time around, just focus on mechanics, but I do mention the schemes.

Hope that helps some

I played one today, and we did a shared Deliver a message. I like that because the goal is not just destruction and it shows that you can win while losing models, and you get bonuses for doing things first.

We did a 25SS Ophelia (it was new for me) vs Kirai which he wanted to play because he just bought it. I find if the Ophelia box is being played its usually a fun game, not over powering or technical. Kirai was mostly me explaining the combo and turn order for her. Too technical for demos.

I would avoid the following for demos

Ramos - Slow moving, sometime feels that crew is not getting into the game

Rasputina - slow moving

Colette - too technical, should be learning game not crew first.

Leveticus - too technical

Hamelin - too technical

Pandora - played differently from rest of game

after that, I would try and find something that is visually appealing to the target